Alumni benefits and services
As part of the Swinburne alumni community, you have access to a wide range of services and special offers, including professional development services, memberships, networking opportunities, events and discounts.
Explore how Swinburne Alumni can further your professional development and career.
At Swinburne, we host fun activities throughout the year, at all our campuses.
Benefits from Swinburne
Former Swinburne students and staff can subscribe to the Library as alumni for an annual membership fee of A$110.
Proof of affiliation is required. Options include:
- ID card
- Award certificate
- Statement of results
Receive a 10% on group bookings of 10 or more on all NICA productions.
NICA is Swinburne’s national arts training institute offering Australia's only Bachelor of Circus Arts. They also stage productions throughout the year.
This offer may not be available for matinee or already discounted performances.
Support the bookshop that students Swinburne students. The Swinburne Co-Op Bookshop stocks everything from a wide array of stationery, computer software, textbooks and current release books, to the best Swinburne merch as well as Swinburne and non-branded gifts for all ages.
The best part is that the Bookshop donates a portion of their profit towards student scholarships! And you’ll receive a discount if you become a Bookshop member.
The Swinburne Psychology Clinic, located at the Hawthorn campus, offers low cost counselling for alumni, individuals, couples and families. Services include psychological assessments and group therapy programs. For more information, fees and to make an appointment, please visit the clinic online.
Cut to your new career_now with an Alumni Discount
Swinburne Alumni receive a 10% discount on short courses, microcredentials, university certificates and any full fee paying course. Led by industry experts, they are designed to accelerate your career, now.
Global alumni networks
Connect with alumni across the world and tap into a community diverse in skills and experiences in your local area.
Benefits from our partners
Make the most of the discounts and special deals on offer.
Boat O'Craigo Vineyards proudly offers Swinburne alumni a 20 percent discount on any 12 bottles of wine. Enter the promo code SWIN at the checkout on the Boat O'Craigo Vineyard website.
When alumni purchase any 12 bottles of Boat O'Craigo wine using the promotional code, Boat O'Craigo will donate $1 per bottle to Swinburne Student Scholarships.
Boat O'Craigo was founded in 2003 by Swinburne entrepreneur and Diploma of Civil Engineering alumni Steve Graham. Steve is a significant supporter of Swinburne and has a strong commitment to providing educational opportunities for young people.
Alumni can access two offers from BWA.
- Receive a 50 percent discount on first year preparation of your personal taxation return.
- Receive a complimentary business health check - one hour no obligation consultation (value $330).
You'll need to mention you are Swinburne alum when booking over the phone.
BWA is a boutique accounting firm started by alum Bernie Woodland offering both traditional and progressive services, including taxation, bookkeeping and SMSF administration. They provide corporate advisory services for small to medium business, including structuring, business valuation and the sale of business process.
Swinburne and Bendigo Bank have partnered to create Community Bank® at Swinburne. The community banking model means that when you bank with Bendigo Bank through Community Bank® at Swinburne, profits are reinvested into projects, people and programs that support Swinburne. Support the bank that supports Swinburne.
For more information:
- Visit the Swinburne partnership website
- Call University Relationship Manager, Tanila de Silva, 0419 665 601 for a consultation
Offers and discounts
Alumni have access to a range of discounts and special offers across all products and services are available, including home loans, credit cards, insurance and share trading. See what’s available at bendigobank.com.au/swinburne
To support the initiative, open an account or transfer your banking to Community Bank® at Swinburne by:
- Banking online at bendigobank.com.au/swinburne or
- Visiting any Bendigo Bank branch across Australia and mentioning Swinburne
- Visiting the Community Bank® at Swinburne customer hub located on the Hawthorn campus in the ATC
- Using the Bendigo Bank ATM on campus
Investing in the Swinburne community
Profits earned from Community Bank® at Swinburne will be reinvested into our community – and our community will determine where the funding goes. Projects can include:
- Scholarships to support young people pursue their dreams
- Funding grants to help researchers become leaders in their field
- Sustainable infrastructure projects to make Swinburne an even better place to work and study
- Support for clubs, societies and community-building activities
An Advisory Board comprising representatives from across the Swinburne community has been established to make decisions on the projects and programs that are supported. An open application process will accept proposals for grants and sponsorships.
Opportunities to apply for funding will become available as the partnership strengthens. Stay tuned for information about how to apply for grant funding.
Eko Connect offers alumni a 10 percent discount on electrical services.
With 15 years' experience in the solar industry, directors and alumni John O’Brien and Mark Gibb focus on using quality products and sticking with them. Mention you’re an alumni when booking.
Alumni receive one month free(1) on Medibank’s combined hospital and extras policy including:
- Unlimited Emergency Ambulance Australia-wide(2).
- Claim 100 percent back on your yearly check-up with any of our 6,700 Members Choice dentists, excluding x-rays, when you join Medibank with any of our extras covers. Waiting periods apply.
- Get 100 percent back on optical, up to your annual limit, at almost any provider in Australia when you join Medibank with any of our extras covers. Some services, like lens coating, aren’t included.
- Get 100 percent back on included extras for kids - such as physio, chiro and major dental - at Members' Choice providers with our Settled Families and Growing Family Covers(3).
- Access to around-the-clock advice from Medibank nurses, through our 24/7 Health Advice Line.
Other discounts and benefits
Alumni can also get access to discounts across Medibank’s pet and travel insurance(4).
- 15 percent discount for current Medibank members.
- 10 percent discount for non-Medibank members.
Quote SwinburneAlumni at the time of enquiry.
For more information:
- Call 134 190
- Ask on campus
- Ask instore
- Visit www.medibank.com.au/pet-insurance
- Visit www.medibank.com.au/travel-insurance
Medibank is Australia’s leading health insurance provider, helping Australians improve their health and wellbeing to lead a better quality life.
Swinburne and Medibank have recently come together in a first-of-its-kind partnership to support the health and wellbeing of the Swinburne community and create opportunities for strategic collaboration between the two organisations including research, career development for students and corporate education programs.
Terms and conditions
- Offer available for new members on new memberships who join combined hospital and extras cover by 18 September 2020. Must quote promo code Swinburne Alumni and set up direct debit when joining. Must hold cover for 30 continuous days to get the second month free. Not available on Accident cover, Ambulance cover, Visitors Health Insurance, Working Visa Health Insurance, OSHC, ahm covers, Corporate covers and other selected covers. Not available with any other offer.
- Waiting periods apply. For ambulance attendance or transportation to a hospital where immediate professional attention is required and your medical condition is such that you couldn't be transported any other way. Tasmania and Queensland have state schemes to cover ambulance services for residents of those states.
- Annual limits and waiting periods will apply, including 12 months for some dental services. This only applies to child and student dependants.
- Pet and travel insurance:
- 15 percent Medibank health member discount.
- Ends 11.59 pm AEDT on 18 September 2020. Inclusive of the standard 10 percent Medibank health cover member discount. For new policies purchased using the promo code Swinburne. Not available with any other offer or discount.
- 10 percent non-Medibank health member discount.
- Ends 11.59 pm AEDT on 18 September 2020. For new policies purchased using the promo code Swinburne. Not available with any other offer or discount.
- Pet Insurance
Terms, conditions, exclusions and waiting periods apply. Medibank Pet Insurance is general insurance issued by the insurer The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd (ACN 090 584 473; AFSL 241436), administered by PetSure (Australia) Pty Ltd (ACN 075 949 923 AFSL 420183) and distributed by Medibank Private Limited (ACN 080 890 259 AR 286089). Any advice provided is general only. Please consider your own objectives, financial situation and needs and read the Combined FSG/PDS available from Medibank stores or http://www.medibank.com.au/pet-insurance to decide if this product is right for you.
- Travel Insurance
Limits, sub-limits, conditions, and exclusions apply. This is general advice only. Medibank Private Limited, (ABN 47 080 890 259, AR 286089), an Authorised Representative of Travel Insurance Partners Pty Limited (ABN 73 144 049 230, AFSL 360138) arranges the insurance on behalf of the insurer. The issuer of the travel insurance is Zurich Australian Insurance Limited (ABN 13 000 296 640, AFSL 232507). Please review your own needs and consider the Combined FSG/PDS available from Medibank stores or http://www.medibank.com.au/travel-insurance to decide if this product is right for you.
See full terms and conditions.
Alumni benefit from:
- Year-round fixed low rates
- The ability to earn Velocity points with Virgin Australia
- 24-hour roadside assistance
- Reduced vehicle damage liability excesses
- No credit card fees
- Client Care Card (for support and assistance during the rental)
How to book vehicles:
Your Swinburne alumni corporate discount (CD) number is 4908006819. To claim your discount:
- Call 1300 365 564 and quote the CD number
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the CD number
- Visit www.thrifty.com.au, click on the Corporate tab, enter the CD number and click Login.
Thrifty has metropolitan, major airport, rural, and regional locations throughout Australia including an extensive range of cars, trucks, vans, utes and buses.
Wholesome Hub offers a 15 percent discount on purchases over A$50 by entering the promo SWIN code at the checkout.
Wholesome Hub was founded by two mums, Sandy (a Swinburne alum) and Belinda. The online store is jam packed with exceptional organic food brands and natural products plus they deliver straight to your door anywhere Australia wide.
To learn more about a benefit and its eligibility criteria, please get in touch with the Swinburne group or partner offering it. While Swinburne makes all reasonable effort to ensure information on this page is accurate, individual benefits are subject to change. If you believe any information on this page is inaccurate, email email@example.com.
Get the latest info
Be the first to hear about events, professional development, news, competitions, and how to stay involved.