Professor Ajay Kapoor
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Engineering
- Centre for Sustainable Infrastructure
- SPS133 Hawthorn campus
Professor Ajay Kapoor is Swinburne’s Pro Vice-Chancellor (International Research Engagement and Development) responsible for international research engagement and development.
A world-renowned expert on rolling contact fatigue in railways, Professor Kapoor’s current research is focused on electric vehicles and mobility. Recent publications include examinations of nanolaminated composite materials and battery packs in electric vehicles.
Professor Kapoor gained his PhD in engineering from the University of Cambridge. He joined Swinburne in 2007 as Professor of Engineering Design and prior to this had senior appointments in the UK at Newcastle University, the University of Sheffield and Leicester University. He also led the American Society for Mechanical Engineers’ UK and Ireland Chapter as Chairman.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Coordinating Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Solid Mechanics - 091308
- Tribology - 091309
Also published as: Kapoor, Ajay; Kapoor, A.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2016: Capacity Development Program for TVET sector reform in Bangladesh *; Institution of Development Engineers Bangladesh
- 2016: Research and development of an Electronic reconnaissance vehicle *; Defendtex Pty Ltd
- 2016: The establishment of a joint Transport Innovation Centre *; Malaysia Automotive Institute - International Grant
- 2015: 3-137 Knitted Composite Seat Structures *; Automotive Australia CRC 2020
- 2014: Bus Tracking Systems *; AUTO CRC - Bus Tracking Systems
- 2014: Industrial Transformation Training Centre in Biodevices and Diagnostics *; ARC Industrial Transformation Training Centres
- 2014: Integrated Human-Centred Design approachin developing the modular EV Bus driveline system for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 2020(Student Agreement Postgrad for Jung-Ok (Jo) Kuys) *; AutoCRC
- 2014: Modular Electric Bus Driveline Systems *; AUTO CRC Modular Electric Bus Driveline Systems
- 2013: AutoCRC project 3-113: Advanced Energy Absorption Devices *; AUTO CRC Proactive Maintenance
- 2013: Battery Charge, Mechanical and Thermal Management System Development Link *; AUTO CRC Virtual Design and Manufacturing
- 2013: Commercialisation of a Bushfire Safety Shelter *; Frankston Concrete
- 2013: Use of virtual reality tools to improve the effectiveness and productivity of the design process for ergonomic support systems *; Department of State Development Business and Innovation - Voucher Program
- 2012: eWood characterisation *; Automotive Australia CRC 2020
- 2012: From diesel to electric: a new era in personnel transport for underground coal mines *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2012: High Temperature Creep and Low Cycle Fatigue in Low CarbonSteel *; Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- 2012: Magnetron sputtering of nanolaminates with materials designed and engineered properties *; Australia-India Strategic Research Fund
- 2010: Development of Industrial Benchmark FEA Model to Study Energy Efficient Electrical Connections for Primary Aluminium Smelters (Light Metals Flagship Project) *; CSIRO Flagship Collaboration Research Fund
- 2010: Electric vehicle control systems and power management (AutoCRC C2-801) *; CRC for Advanced Automotive Technology
- 2010: Electric vehicle drivetrain (AutoCRC C2-25) *; Auto CRC Electric Vehicle Drive Train
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display