Dr Vivienne Waller
PhD, Australian National University, Australia; Bachelor of Arts, University of Melbourne, Australia; Bachelor of Science, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- School of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Centre for Urban Transitions
- Swinburne Leadership Institute
- Department of Social Sciences
- 400B222 Hawthorn campus
Prior to coming to Swinburne, Viv worked as a Research Fellow in the Department of Information Systems at the University of Melbourne and for the Regulatory Institutions Network of the Australian National University. She has published in the areas of regulatory policy, library studies, information studies, information systems, and technology use. Viv has taught courses in policy, gender studies and political philosophy at RMIT and Monash University. Prior to entering academia, she worked as a consultant conducting social research and in policy and evaluation areas of the federal government.
environmental practices and knowledge; food waste management; social research methods; sociology of the environment; socio-technical systems; sociology of knowledge; socio-political implications of digital technologies; sociology of information
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
PhD topics and outlines
social aspects of environmentally sustainable transport options: for example, social practices around car share schemes, electric cars, public transport
social practices around the production and/or elimination of waste: for example food, plastic, e-waste
transitions to environmentally sustainable practices
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Sociology - 160800
- 2014, Swinburne, Vice-Chancellor's Global Initiatives Award, Swinburne University of Technology
Also published as: Waller, Vivienne; Waller, V.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Grant information is currently offline and as such is unable to be displayed here. A further update will be provided in mid-January 2019.
- 2016-10-28: Wikipedia and vandalistic edits - ABC radio
- 2016-04-10: Welcome To The Debate: Australia Joins World In 2 Degree Target - New Matilda
- 2015-10-17: Compost research project - ABC Radio, Melbourne
- 2010-03-02: Google Buzz and privacy - JOYFM
- 2010-02-22: Google and Privacy - Radio National Life Matters
- 2010-02-17: Why is Google buzzing? - Inside Story
- Wikipedia - ABC Radio, Canberra
- Wikipedia - ABC Radio, Perth
- Wikipedia - ABC Radio, Tasmania