Dr Sabina Sestigiani
PhD, Monash University, Australia
- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- School of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Department of Social Sciences
- AS305 Hawthorn campus
Sabina is lecturer in Italian Studies. She teaches Italian through drama providing an enhanced authentic and collaborative learning experience to students. Her research and teaching interests include Italian and Australian literature, postcolonial literature, comparative literature, continental philosophy, Italian language, history and culture.
She has published in scholarly journals such as Il lettore di provincia, The Italianist, Orbis Litterarum, Studi buzzatiani, and Colloquy Text Theory Critique. Her monograph, Writing Colonisation: Violence, Landscape and the Act of Naming in Modern Italian and Australian Literature, was published by Peter Lang, NY (Currents in Comparative Romance Languages and Literatures), 2014.
Sabina is the recipient of the 2016 Faculty of Health, Arts and Design Teaching Excellence Award and she received a Highly Commended Mention in the Category of Vice-Chancellor's 2016 Teaching Excellence Award (Higher Education), Swinburne University of Technology.
In 2017 she was the recipient of the Australian Awards for University Teaching (AAUT), Citation for Outstanding Contribution to Student, of the Department of Education and Training, Australian Government.
Cultural Studies and Literature
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Co-Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Cultural Studies - 200200
- Literary Studies - 200500
Languages: Chinese, Italian and Japanese
- 2017, National, Australian Awards for University Teaching, Citation for Outstanding Contribution to Student, Department of Education and Training, Australian Government
- 2016, Swinburne, Highly Commended Mention in the Category of Vice-Chancellor's Teaching Excellence Award, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2016, Swinburne, FHAD Teaching Excellence Award, Swinburne University of Technology
Also published as: Sestigiani, Sabina; Sestigiani, S.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
There are no grants to display.
- 2017-12-11: National Teaching Award Recipient: Dr Sabina Sestigiani - Swinburne Commons - YouTube Channel
- 2017-10-20: When theatre helps you learn Italian - SBS Italian Radio Program
- 2017-10-12: VIC/TAS Academics share university accolades - Media Release, Minister for Education & Training
- 2017-09-21: Swinburne lecturers recognised among Australia’s best teachers - Swinburne Media
- 2017-09-15: The nation’s top uni teachers - Campus Morning Mail
- 2016-10-25: Performing Natalia Ginzburg in Melbourne - SBS Italian Radio Program
- 2015-10-20: https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/italian/en/audiotrack/i-married-you-happiness - SBS Italian Radio Program
- 2014-10-27: Defense of the Moon - SBS Italian Radio Program
- 2013-06-14: Leonardo Sciascia and Peter Robb - SBS Italian Radio Program