Associate Professor Nicki Wragg
- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- School of Design
- Centre for Design Innovation
- Department of Communication Design and Digital Media Design
- AMDC711 Hawthorn campus
Associate Professor Nicki Wragg (PhD 2013) is a Course Director at Swinburne University of Technology. She oversees the Honours program and teaches at the intersection of research, practice and industry focusing on conceptual design, technology and connectivity. Her research examines design practice, co-design and network technologies, which informs her approach to design education. Her in-depth knowledge and experience in the practice of Communication Design has been recognised and awarded in eight distinct awards. Between 2013 –17, Nicki has worked with Swinburne Online to oversee the transformation of studio-based design curriculum to the delivery of a fully online Communication Design program. She has reimagined and implemented innovative methods that ensure the ongoing relevance of design traditions within the context of technological change within design and society.
Strategic & Transformative Design: Design Research Education
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Coordinating Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Visual Communication Design (incl. Graphic Design) - 120307
- Education Systems - 130100
Product Diversity, and Productivity Design: Visual Communication and Information
Also published as: Wragg, Nicki; Wragg, N.; Wragg, Nicole
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2013: 2014 NAB Calender: Unsung Heroes *; National Australia Bank
* Chief Investigator
- 2017-11-13: The muscles women shouldn't be ignoring - Sydney Morning Herald
- 2017-11-13: The muscles women shouldn't be ignoring - The Age
- 2017-09-07: RE:ACT: A Different Approach to Promoting Road Safety For Young Drivers - TMAA Quarterly
- 2016-07-01: Q&A with Nicki Wragg - The Brownbill Effect
- 2015-09-23: Swinburneâ€™s Nicki Wragg awarded Distinguished Teaching Award - Swinburne Online Media Releases
- 2015-06-09: Five tips on using design to build your brand - Start Up Smart
- 2015-02-12: 5 lessons we can all learn from designers - She Said
- 2011-11-03: 2011-2012 AGDA council announced - Desktop: The Culture of Design