Associate Professor Kurt Seemann
PhD, UNSW, Australia; BSc/Dip.Ed (Hons), UNSW, Australia
- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- School of Design
- Centre for Design Innovation
- AMDC918a Hawthorn campus
Professor Kurt Seemann is Director at Swinburne’s Centre for Design Innovation Research (cdiengage.com.au). He is a specialist in the relationship between people, technology and the environment as a complex, mutually influencing and adaptive system.
Professor Seemann’s research operates at two levels: the human scale of holistic technology education including processes of design and innovation, and the larger societal scale of systems driving and defining the sustainability of human settlements. He has developed particular expertise in cross-cultural and indigenous technology transfer, design and development research.
Professor Seeman’s work in Technacy Genre Theory was foundational to his success in national competitive ARC and CRC research programs as well as his appointments as Thinker with the Design and Technology Teachers Association of Victoria. He is a member of the World Society for Ekistics whose charter restricts membership to 400 worldwide, and DATTA Victoria.
philosophy of technology; design and technology education; technology transfer; aboriginal technology and edcuation policy
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Coordinating Supervisor.
PhD topics and outlines
Re-Conceptualising Policy and Service Design to Facilitate Indigenous Participation in the Global Green Economy: This thesis investigates how to design an effective policy and service delivery programme to facilitate the participation of Indigenous residents in peri-urban Perth in the emerging green economy.Australian Research Council (ARC) funded-project called Indigenous Participation in a Low-Carbon Economy.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Design Practice And Management - 120300
- Regional Analysis And Development - 120505
- Comparative And Cross-cultural Education - 130302
- 1998, Other, ACM: Australian Competent Manager Accrediation, AIM: Australian Institute of Management
Also published as: Seemann, Kurt; Seemann, K.; Seemann, Kurt W.; Seemann, Kurt Walter
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2017: Early prototyping of automotive mobility apps and services around health, wellbeing, safety forhuman-computer interactions with autonomous cars *; Gerenwa GmbH
- 2017: Telescope Stage 2: Parasite Image Recognition, Filter enhancement, Visualisation of Design *; All Farm Animal Health Trust FS
- 2017: Visualising Community Experiences: Boroondara Customer Journey Mapping Co-design Research Project *; Boroondara City Council
- 2016: Shaping Change Stage *; Besen Foundation
- 2016: Telescope: service and industrial design stage *; Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- 2016: Waste Management and Wellbeing in Remote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities *; Waste Aid
- 2015: The Dusted Community (Phase 2) *; The Australian Domain Name Administrator (auDA) Foundation Grants
- 2013: Indigenous Participation in a Low-Carbon Economy *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2012: Modelling the benefits of Swarm Planning: a dynamic way of planning for future adaptation to climate change impacts *; Rubicon Research Grant
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display