- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- School of Design
- Centre for Design Innovation
- Department of Interior Architecture and Industrial Design
- AMDC904 Hawthorn campus
Bio ; Kate Bissett Johnson - Lecturer Kate lectures into the Industrial Design and Product Design Engineering Programs at Swinburne University. Her primary interest is in how Industrial Design can lead the world to a more environmentally and socially responsible future. Kate has a long track record of linking the University with real world Projects. She has developed design strategies and tools for Industrial Design, looking specifically at the interaction between user and product since completing her Master of Arts in the early 90s. Kate's industry experience includes working as a Designer at several of Melbourne's premier design consultancies, developing high volume commercial products, furniture and lighting for both local and international clients. A keen photographer, Kate relishes the opportunity to capture and play with images.
Public Good Design; Strategic & Transformative Design: Sustainability
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Associate Doctoral & Coordinating Masters.
Fields of Research
- Design Innovation - 120302
- Industrial Design - 120305
Product Innovation Design;Public Good Design
- 2011, Swinburne, Vice Chancellor's Award for Internationalisation, Swinburne
- 2010, Swinburne, Vice Chancellor's Award for Sustainability, Swinburne
- 2008, Swinburne, Vice Chancellor's Award for Community Engagement, Swinburne
- 2006, Swinburne, Vice Chancellor's Award for Sustainabiliity, Swinburne
- 1994, National, Winner of Industrial Design Category of the Victorian Chapter of the Design Institute of Australia, Design Institute of Australia
- 1993, Other, Professional Development Grant, RMIT
- 1992, Other, Professional Development Grant, RMIT
Also published as: Bissett-Johnson, Katherine; Bissett-Johnson, K.; Bissett-Johnson, Kate
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
There are no grants to display.
There are no media items to display