Mr James Berrett
James Berrett has over a decade of experience in creative industries spanning design, digital art, film, television and games. He is a lecturer in, and third year coordinator of Digital Media Design. His research interests focus on Motion Design and its integration with architecture and the urban environment. He is an Innovation Fellow of the Swinburne Innovation Precinct and leader of "Public Media Spaces" in the Smart Cities Research Institute. In addition, he has undertaken international teaching roles at Hochschule der Median, Stuttgart, Germany and Köln International School of Design, Cologne, Germany.
Human Computer Interactions; Digital Media, Film and Television; Motion Design; Media Architecture
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Film, Television And Digital Media - 190200
- Performance And Installation Art - 190504
- Communication Technology And Digital Media Studies - 200102
Design History, Philosophy, and Theory;Digital Media, Film and Television;Motion Design;Animation;Post Production;Visual Effects
- 2017, Swinburne, Outstanding Academic Teacher, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2017, Swinburne, Dean's Award - Teaching and Learning, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2016, Swinburne, Excellent Academic Teacher, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2015, Swinburne, Outstanding Academic Teacher, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2013, Swinburne, Excellence in Teaching, Faculty of Design, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2012, Swinburne, Excellence in Teaching, Faculty of Design, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2010, National, Red Dot Award: Communication Design, Mission H2O., Swinburne University of Technology
- 2008, National, Victorian Premier’s Design Awards, Cultural Multimedia Design, Mission H2O., Swinburne University of Technology
Also published as: Berrett, James; Berrett, J.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Grant information is currently offline and as such is unable to be displayed here. A further update will be provided in mid-January 2019.
- 2018-08-20: Discover how Grimshaw designed Watershed: the Hub for Melbourne Knowledge Week 2018 - Internet
- 2018-08-10: Grimshaw Architects design media wall-themed tower that floats above a train station - Internet
- 2018-08-02: 664 Collins St opens for business - Internet
- 2018-08-02: Growling Grass Frog animation creates awareness of endangered species. - Internet
- 2018-05-14: GameZone 2018 Swinburne University of Technology Melbourne - Internet
- 2018-05-10: Watershed: Thought-provoking art installation shines a light on Melbourne Knowledge Week - Internet
- 2018-05-09: Designing Melbourne Knowledge Week - Internet
- 2018-02-28: Looking beyond static art at 664 Collins St - Internet
- 2017-12-11: Swinburne student wins national award for motion graphics - Internet