Dr Katya Pechenkina
PhD, The University of Melbourne, Australia; Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Cum Laude, Saratov State Technical University, Russian Federation
Dr Katya Pechenkina is Research Fellow (Learning Transformations). Katya holds a PhD in cultural anthropology from the University of Melbourne, Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching (HE) from Swinburne University of Technology and an undergraduate degree in social anthropology with honours from Saratov State Technical University. She was a 2003-2004 International Research and Exchange Board fellow at the California State University Bakersfield, where she majored in sociology. Anthropologist and education scholar, Katya’s research interests encompass the critical discourses of technology, innovation in education, teaching excellence, and Indigenous academic experiences. Katya is interested in supervising PhD projects thematically located within one or across several of her research areas.
Indigenous Issues; Educational Technology
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Associate Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Educational Technology And Computing - 130306
- Social And Cultural Anthropology - 160104
- 2011, Other, Travel for Research in Postgraduate Study (TRIPS) grant, Thr University of Melbourne
- 2011, National, Postgraduate Student Travel Grant, Australian Anthropological Society/Australian Network of Student Anthropologists
- 2011, Other, Postgraduate Fieldwork Fund Grant, The University of Melbourne
- 2011, National, Australian Postgraduate Award, The Universityof Melbourne
- 2007, Other, Community Engagement Grants Scheme, The University of Wollongong
- 2003, International, International Research and Exchange Board Scholar - Hosted by CSUB, Sociology Major, California State University Bakersfield, USA
Also published as: Pechenkina, Katya; Pechenkina, K.; Pechenkina, Ekaterina; Pechenkina, E.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
There are no grants to display.