Mr David Reid
Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Communication (Advertising), Charles Sturt University, Australia; Master of Arts in Media (Production), University of Sunderland, United Kingdom
- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- School of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Department of Media and Communication
- AS401 Hawthorn campus
David joined Swinburne University of Technology in February 2014. Prior to joining Swinburne David worked at Charles Sturt University in the School of Communication & Creative Industries at their Bathurst campus in NSW (Australia) and prior to that at Curtin University as a Senior Lecturer teaching Mass Communication at their Sarawak Campus in Miri (Malaysia). David made the jump from Industry to Higher Education in 2008 when he joined Northumbria University (England) teaching Advertising & Digital Media. Previously David worked for English Advertising Agency Different as their Broadcast Content Producer. This included the development of ideas, concepts, and commercial projects for the likes of the BBC, ITV, Barker & Stonehouse, North East England, University of Sunderland, Tyne & Wear Fire Service, and Ross's Pickles. Prior to Different David worked at both Denefilm's as a Television Commercials Director and at Twenty First Century Media as a Corporate Communications Producer / Director. From 1989 through to 2002 David worked the length and breadth of New Zealand primarily as a Director and Producer of Film, Television, Advertising and Corporate Communications content. This included a focused period around the creative interpretation, execution and delivery of Television Commercials for Regional & National Clients, primarily working for New Zealand Advertising Agencies: Saatchi & Saatchi, Q Brand, UMC, Wilson, McAra, John DuFour Creative, Imagine and Fahey Consulting.
Advertising; Digital Media; Social Media; Digital Marketing; Higher Education; Work Integrated Learning
Fields of Research
- Higher Education - 130103
- Technical, Further And Workplace Education - 130108
- Marketing Communications - 150502
- 2016, Swinburne, Vice-Chancellors Award for Industry Enagagement, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2014, Swinburne, Vice-Chancellors Award for Teaching Excellence (Higher Education) (Highly Commended), Swinburne University of Technology
- 2014, Swinburne, Faculty of Health, Arts and Design prize for Innovation Excellence in Learning, Teaching and Assessment, Swinburne University of Technology
Also published as: Reid, David
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
There are no grants to display.