Professor Denny Meyer
- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- School of Health Sciences
- Brain and Psychological Sciences Centre
- Department of Statistics Data Science and Epidemiology
- ATC1037 Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Professor Denny Meyer is an applied statistician with particular interests in the areas of mental health and sport. She has worked in industry and as a statistical consultant throughout her career, in particular in the market research, concrete, mineral processing, mining and industrial diamond manufacturing industries.
Professor Meyer’s current research includes the evaluation of eTherapy interventions, risk assessment in areas such as sport and suicide, using a variety of modelling approaches (data mining, visualisation techniques, structural equation modelling, time series analysis and multi-level modelling).
She has co-authored two books: ‘Applied Research Design for Business and Management’ (Page and Meyer, 2000, McGrawHill) and ‘Business Statistics’ (Mimmack, Meyer and Manas, 2001, Prentice Hall). Alongside undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, she also offers short statistics courses tailored to the needs of delegates and statistical consulting.
Advanced Statistics and Big Data; Health research design; Psychological Measurement; Clinical Psychology; Data Visualisation; Housing and Urban Studies
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Coordinating Supervisor.
PhD topics and outlines
Statistical Modelling: Methods of interest to me includea) Time Series Modelsb) Multi-level Modllingc) Structural Equation Modelingd) Data Mininge) Text Miningf) Variable SelectionApplication areas of particular interesta) Mental Healthb) Leadershipc) Tennisd) Greyfields Redevelopment
Fields of Research
- Applied Statistics - 010401
- Business And Management - 150300
- Psychology - 170100
Advanced Statistics and Big Data
- 2011, National, ALTC Citation, Swinburne University of Technology
Also published as: Meyer, Denny; Meyer, D.; Meyer, Denise; Meyer, Denny H.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2017: Investigating the impact of hearing aid use on brain activity *; Barbara Dicker Brain Science grant
- 2016: Evaluating the role of the ELSI flooring technology in Aged Care Homes *; BENETAS
- 2016: Evaluation of e-counselling effectiveness in the Veterans and Veterans Families Counselling Service *; Veterans and Veterans Families Counselling Service
- 2016: Linked Data PolicyHub Stage II: Urban & Regional Planning & Communications *; ARC Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment Scheme
- 2013: Use of online technology to promote self-management and recovery in people with psychosis (MIRF) *; Victorian Mental Illness Research Fund
- 2012: Capacity Building to Accelerate SME Export Performance for Poverty Alleviation and Development *; Australian Agency for International Development
- 2011: Evaluation of a Tailored Online Same-Sex Attracted Youth (SSAY) Focused Transdiagnostic Mental Health and Wellbeing Program *; beyondblue Victorian Centre of Excellence
- 2011: Evaluation of ATM removal *; Victorian Department of Justice
- 2008: Consuming the Urban Environment . A Study of the Factors that Influence Resource Use in Australian Cities *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display