Associate Professor Bruno Mascitelli
- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- School of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Department of Social Sciences
- AS 311 Hawthorn campus
Before joining academia in 2000, Bruno was employed by the Australian Consulate in Milan, Italy from 1982 until 1997. Much of his activities in the Consulate revolved around support to Australian companies entering the Italian market. On returning to Australia in 1997 he joined the US Consulate in Melbourne working for the Commercial Service. In 2000 he joined Swinburne University. He is President of the European Studies Association of Australia (CESAA) and also School Council President of the Victorian School of Languages.
European studies; Australian Trade policy; Italian migration; International Business; European Political economy; Italians in Australia; Expatriate voting in the world
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Business And Management - 150300
- Comparative Government And Politics - 160603
- Historical Studies - 210300
Trade policy;European Studies
Also published as: Mascitelli, Bruno; Mascitelli, B.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2015: Documentary Film project *; Victorian School of Languages
- 2015: Issues and needs of new wave of Italian Migrants to Australia *; COMITES_FS
- 2014: Evaluating the Australian Organics Market - 2014 *; Australian Organic
- 2012: Evaluating the Australian Organics Market *; Biological Farmers
- 2011: Consumer purchase behaviour of Victorian organics *; Victorian Department of Business & Innovation
- 2011: Investigating supply chain management practices in the organic products industry of victoria *; Victorian Department of Business and Innovation
- 2011: Victorian School of Languages Scholarship *; Victorian School of Languages
- 2010: Research and audit of Shire of Yarra Ranges Farmers' markets *; Shire of Yarra Ranges
* Chief Investigator
- 2013-02-07: UK business leaders divided by Camerons EU referendum - The Conversation
- 2012-12-17: EU banking is a decisive step towards saving the Euro - The Conversation
- 2011-11-09: Berlusconis going, but theres no Silvio bullet for Italys debt - The Conversation
- 2011-10-06: Alarm bells for Berlusconi - Business Spectator
- 2011-10-05: As Moodys trashes Italy, voters cant count on Berlusconi - The Conversation
- 2011-08-05: As Italys deby crisis happens, is Berlusconi turning a blind eye? - The Conversation
- 2011-03-03: EU must act against Roma discrimination - Public Service Europe
- 2008-11-23: Italian Job - Radio Nationals Background Briefing program.
- 2008-04-14: Italian elections: Expat backlash and disinterest from Australia - Radio Nationals Perspectives program
- 2008-04-12: Luigi ready for the half-world stage - The Australian
- 2008-04-12: The forum lies distant, but Australias Italian politicos fight the good fight - The Age