Dr Abdullah Al Mahmud
PhD, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands; Professional Doctorate in Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands; Master of Science (MSc), Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden
- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- School of Design
- Centre for Design Innovation
- Department of Interior Architecture and Industrial Design
- AMDC 904 Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
2011: PhD-Human Computer Interaction (HCI) Design, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), the Netherlands.
2007: Professional Doctorate in Engineering(PDEng)-User System Interaction (USI), Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), the Netherlands.
2005: Master of IT-specialisation in Interactive Systems, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden.
2001: Bachelor of Science-Computer Science and Engineering, Shah Jalal University of Science and Technology (SUST), Bangladesh.
May 1, 2014-to date: Lecturer, School of Design, Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia
Nov. 2011-April 2014: Post-doctoral research fellow, Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering, Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands.
Oct. 2007-Oct. 2011: Researcher, project and competency coach, Department of Industrial Design, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), the Netherlands.
Jan. 2007-Sept. 2007: Visiting researcher, Connected Consumer Solution Cluster, Philips Research Europe, Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
2005-2007: Design researcher, User System Interaction Program, Eindhoven University of Technology(TU/e), Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
2002-2004: Lecturer, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Premier University, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
Human Computer Interactions; Sustainable Interaction Design, Living Lab, mHealth, Assistive Technology, Child-Computer Interaction, Ambient Intelligence, Ambient Assisted Living, Design Education; Gamification and serious games
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Coordinating Supervisor.
PhD topics and outlines
1. Computer mediated therapy for persons with aphaisa/dementia
2. Gamification for personal rehablitation for people with dementia
3. Serious games for cognitive stimulation for people with dementia
4. (propose your own topic)
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Computer-human Interaction - 080602
- Digital And Interaction Design - 120304
- Industrial Design - 120305
Applied Design Research, Design and Emotion, Introductory Design Studio, Methods of Investigation, User-Centered Design
- 2016, Swinburne, FHAD research development grant, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2015, Swinburne, FHAD research development grant, Swinburne University of Technology
Also published as: Al Mahmud, Abdullah; Al Mahmud, A.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2015: Creating a decision support tool to understand the competencies and employability attributes of industrial designers *; ACUADS Grants
- 2014: MODE: MObility support for people with DEmentia *; CAESIE Priming Grants
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display