Dr Abdullah Al Mahmud
PhD, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands; Professional Doctorate in Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands; Master of Science (MSc), Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden
- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- School of Design
- Centre for Design Innovation
- Department of Interior Architecture and Industrial Design
- AMDC 904 Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Dr. Abdullah Al Mahmud is a lecturer at the School of Design of Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia. He was a postdoctoral research fellow at the Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering, Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands. He obtained a Ph.D. degree from the Department of Industrial Design, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), the Netherlands. Prior to that, he earned a Professional Doctorate in Engineering (PDEng) degree in User-System Interaction (USI) at TU/e and as a part of the PDEng degree, he worked at the Philips Research Europe, the Netherlands. Abdullah also holds a master degree in Interactive Systems Design from the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden.
Human Computer Interactions; Sustainable Interaction Design, Living Lab, mHealth, Assistive Technology, Child-Computer Interaction, Ambient Intelligence, Ambient Assisted Living, Design Education; Gamification and serious games; Behaviour change and persuasive technology; Scientometrics; Mobile App Design
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Coordinating Supervisor.
PhD topics and outlines
1. Computer mediated therapy for persons with aphasia/dementia
2. Gamification for personal rehabilitation for people with dementia
3. Serious games for cognitive stimulation for people with dementia
4. (propose your own topic)
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Computer-human Interaction - 080602
- Digital And Interaction Design - 120304
- Industrial Design - 120305
Applied Design Research, Design and Emotion, Introductory Design Studio, Methods of Investigation, User-Centered Design
- 2016, Swinburne, FHAD research development grant, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2016, International, Best paper award, International Conference on Educational Technologies
- 2015, Swinburne, FHAD research development grant, Swinburne University of Technology
Also published as: Al Mahmud, Abdullah; Al Mahmud, A.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2016: Can mobile apps be used to improve cognitive stimulation for people with dementia: A systematic review *; Barbara Dicker Brain Science grant
- 2015: Creating a decision support tool to understand the competencies and employability attributes of industrial designers *; ACUADS Grants
- 2014: MODE: MObility support for people with DEmentia *; CAESIE Priming Grants
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display