Professor Thomas Spurling
Doctor of Philosophy, University of Western Australia, Australia; Bachelor of Science, University of Western Australia, Australia
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Centre for Transformative Innovation
- AGSE201A Hawthorn campus
Tom is a scientist with experience in managing the process of translating research into commercial products. His current research interests include the use of social network analysis in understanding how best to commercialise public sector research, the use of economic analysis to understand why some firms invest in innovation, and the use of case studies to tell the story of Australian innovation.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Research, Science And Technology Policy - 160511
- History And Philosophy Of Specific Fields - 220200
- 2017, National, ANZAAS Medal, Australian and New Zealand Association for the Advancement of Science
- 2008, National, Member of the Order of Australia, Order of Australia
- 1993, National, Fellow, Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering
Also published as: Spurling, Thomas; Spurling, T.; Spurling, T. H.; Spurling, Thomas H.; Spurling, Tom
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2016: CSIRO History Project *; Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- 2015: Skill-related determinants of innovation activity: Australian Evidence from the BLS *; Australian Council of Learned Academies
* Chief Investigator