Dr Timothy Bednall
PhD, University of New South Wales, Australia; MPsych (Organisational), University of New South Wales, Australia; Bachelor of Arts (Honours), University of Melbourne, Australia
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Centre for Transformative Innovation
- Department of Management and Marketing
- BA1005 Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Dr Timothy Colin Bednall joined the Department of Management and Marketing as a lecturer in management in February 2014. He previously worked at the Australian School of Business at the University of New South Wales. He has also worked in industry for the Australian Red Cross Blood Service and Chandler Macleod. Dr Bednall is a registered psychologist, with an area of practice endorsement in organisational psychology. He is the former national Chair of the APS College of Organisational Psychologists (2015-2018). Dr Bednall's broad research area is employee learning, expertise and innovation. Specific areas of study are listed below. Dr Bednall also has a strong interest in education in advanced research methods. He has taught courses on experimental design, structural equation modelling, multilevel analysis, longitudinal analysis, meta-analysis and Monte Carlo simulations. A full list of publications is presented on my ORCID page (see link to Personal Webpage below).
Innovation; Organisational Psychology; Learning; Training; Expertise; Advanced Research Methods; Self-Directed Learning; Informal Learning
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Human Resources Management - 150305
- Organisational Behaviour - 150311
- Business And Management Not Elsewhere Classified - 150399
Innovation;Management;Critical Thinking;Organisational Behaviour;Human Resource Management
- 2017, Swinburne, Vice-Chancellor's Teaching Award, Swinburne University
- 2017, National, Finalist: Insights Competition in the Melbourne Datathon 2017, Data Science Melbourne
- 2017, Swinburne, Best Publication 2016: Bednall, T., and Sanders, K. Do opportunities for formal learning stimulate follow-up participation in informal learning? A three-wave study. Human Resource Management, Department of Management and Marketing
- 2017, National, Best Paper: Professional Practice Forum - "Bringing physiology back into IO Psychology), The College of Organisational Psychologists
- 2014, International, Best Paper Award: Formal training stimulates follow-up participation in informal learning: A three-wave study. Paper presented at the 74rd Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania., Academy of Management
- 2014, International, Best Paper Award: Bednall, T. C., & Sanders, K. (2014). The influence of LMX and LGO in facilitating knowledge sharing and innovation. Paper presented at the HR Division International Conference, Beijing, China., HR Division of the Academy of Management
Also published as: Bednall, Timothy; Bednall, T.; Bednall, T. C.; Bednall, Tim; Bednall, Timothy C.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Grant information is currently offline and as such is unable to be displayed here. A further update will be provided in mid-January 2019.