Dr Jerome Donovan
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Department of Business Technology and Entrepreneurship
- BA1124 Hawthorn campus
Dr Jerome Donovan is a Senior Lecturer in Entrepreneurship and Innovation at Swinburne University of Technology. He is also a Principal Advisor in Technology Entrepreneurship and Commercialisation Development with the Ministry of Science and Technology (Vietnam). Alongside these roles, he has recently served as a Senior Advisor in Economic Development for the Ministry of Planning and Investment (Lao PDR), Senior Advisor for the Ministry of Planning and Investment (Vietnam), and Advisor with the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet (Australia).
Dr Donovan has most recently been working on projects with the Global Reporting Initiative Organisation looking at integrating sustainability reporting into global value chains, and with Fairtrade ANZ looking at sustainable and ethical supply chains in the Indo-Pacific. His research interests span corporate sustainability assessments, global value chains, innovation, and international development. He has published across a range of disciplines including sustainability, innovation and entrepreneurship, international business and higher education.
Dr Donovan has worked on a number of large external projects including a project with six national governments across ASEAN (Myanmar, Lao PDR, Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines) on developing a best practice model for corporate sustainability assessments, and profiling innovation practices and performance in the Australia Manufacturing Sector (with AMCRC). He also served as a Program Leader of SME Engagement, Education and Innovation Management with the Advanced Manufacturing CRC. His roles at Swinburne have also included positions as the Co-Program Leader for Innovation and Internationalisation within the Centre for Enterprise Performance and Program Coordinator for the MBA (International).
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- International Business - 150308
- International Relations - 160607
- Cultural Studies - 200200
Also published as: Donovan, Jerome; Donovan, J.; Donovan, J. D.; Donovan, Jerome D.; Donovan, Jerome Denis
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2016: An evaluation of park service concession models for Kubah National Park *; Sarawak Forestry Corporation
- 2016: Capacity Building to Accelerate SME Export Performance in Qatar *; QATAR University
- 2016: Increasing sustainable and ethical supply chains in the Indo-Pacific *; FAIRTRADE
- 2015: Integrating sustainability reporting into global value chains *; Global Reporting initiative
- 2015: Sustainability Assessments: An Investigation of the Sustainability Practices of Organisations in Sarawak *; Melbourne-Sarawak Research Collaboration Scheme
- 2012: Capacity Building to Accelerate SME Export Performance for Poverty Alleviation and Development *; Australian Agency for International Development
- 2012: Impact Assessments: Maximising the development value of inward FDI for local communities *; AusAID Public Sector Linkages Program
- 2012: The Innovativity Audit: Developing an online service portfolio *; Advanced Manufacturing CRC Polymer Concrete Systems 1
- 2011: Benchmarking innovation capability and practices in Australian organisations *; Advanced Manufacturing CRC
- 2010: Exploring the role of coordinated aid programs in stimulating entrepreneurial activities within a regional economic development framework in the Asia-Pacific *; Australia-Japan Foundation
- 2010: The balance between risk and growth opportunities for Australian organistions in international markets *; Researcher Development Scheme
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display