Dr Hassan Gholipour Fereidouni
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance
- BA 1018 Hawthorn campus
Hassan Gholipour Fereidouni is a Senior Lecturer in Economics and Discipline Leader of Economics in the Faculty of Business and Law (FBL) at Swinburne University of Technology. Hassan is among Top 5 Young Iranian Economic Researcher of the Year 2017. He is a member of the International Iranian Economic Association (IIEA) and the Middle East Economic Association (MEEA).
He received his BSc in Economics from University of Mazandaran in Iran and his MBA and PhD in International Finance from Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM).
His main areas of research are real estate economics and finance, tourism economics, applied economics and economics of the Middle East. His articles have been published in prestigious journals such as Regional Studies, Kyklos, International Review of Finance, Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, International Journal of Strategic Property Management, Tourism Management, Annals of Tourism Research, Journal of Policy Modeling and Constitutional Political Economy.
In 2016, he received the Swinburne Vice-Chancellor’s Research Excellence (Early Career) Highly Commended Award and the Ibn Khaldun Prize from the MEEA. Hassan is also recipient of the 2017 Faculty of Business and Law Teaching Excellence Award at Swinburne.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Associate.
Fields of Research
- Applied Economics - 140200
- Housing Markets, Development, Management - 120503
- Tourism - 150600
- 2018, International, Top 5 Young Iranian Economic Researcher of the Year 2017, Selected by a Committee of Economists from 11 Top Iranian Economic Schools and Research Centres
- 2017, Swinburne, Teaching Excellence Awards, Faculty of Business and Law, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2016, Swinburne, Highly Commended Mention, Vice Chancellor’s 2016 Research Excellence Award (Early Career), Swinburne University of Technology
- 2016, International, 2016 - Ibn Khaldun Prize, Middle East Economic Association (MEEA)
- 2015, Swinburne, Best Publication 2015, Early Career Researcher, Faculty of Business and Law, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2012, International, Sanggar Sanjung Award for Excellence Achievement in Journal Publication, Universiti Sains Malaysia
- 2012, International, Best Paper Award for “Determinants of Foreign Investments in Residential Properties: Evidence from Malaysian States”, International Real Estate Conference 2012
- 2011, International, Sanggar Sanjung Award for Excellence Achievement in Journal Publication, Universiti Sains Malaysia
Also published as: Gholipour Fereidouni, Hassan; Gholipour Fereidouni, H.; Fereidouni Ghoilpour, Hassan; Fereidouni Gholipour, Hassan; Fereidouni, H. G.; Fereidouni, Hassan Gholipour; Ghoilpour, Hassan Fereidouni; Gholipour F., Hassan; Gholipour, H. F.; Gholipour, Hassan; Gholipour, Hassan F.; Gholipour, Hassan Fereidouni
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2015: Does Foreign Real Estate Investment in Australia Matter to Performance of Real Estate Investment Trusts and Construction Companies? *; AFAANZ Research Grants
* Chief Investigator
- 2018-09-06: Season 2, Episode 9 of The Modern Middle East - Foxtel's Aurora channel
- 2018-09-01: Social Impact of Jumps in Gold Coin Prices - Tejaratefarda
- 2018-08-09: Season 2 Episode 5 of The Modern Middle East - Foxtel's Aurora channel
- 2018-08-05: Which Countries Do Change the Head Coaches More? Why? - Varzesh3
- 2018-07-24: Future stars of economics (in Iran) - Tejaratnews
- 2016-11-22: Higher property prices linked to income inequality: study - The Conversation
- 2016-10-25: Asian home buyers less likely to default on their mortgage: study - The Conversation
- 2016-07-05: Survey shows tourists prefer to spend time in happier countries - Australasian Leisure Management
- 2015-01-10: Divorce and the cost of housing: Evidence from Iran - Tasnim News Agency