- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Centre for Transformative Innovation
- Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance
- BA1024 Hawthorn campus
Dr Grainne Oates is a Senior Lecturer in Accounting at Swinburne University of Technology. She specialises in teaching introductory and management accounting at undergraduate and post graduate levels. Her primary research interests are decision-making in local government, including how the quality of councillors impact on performance, both environmental performance and also on the quality of accounting earnings of local governments. Grainne also publishes on topics relating to learning and teaching with a special focus on teaching innovations to enhance the student experience and learning outcomes. She recently developed an app with various gamification elements to enhance the first year student experience. The app has now been adopted in a number of other disciplines across the University. Student feedback has been very positive. Grainne is on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government (JCIBG). Prior to joining academia Grainne had a successful 13 year career in the pharmaceutical industry working for CSL.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Associate Doctoral & Coordinating Masters.
Fields of Research
- Management Accounting - 150105
- Organisation And Management Theory - 150310
- Organisational Behaviour - 150311
- 2012, Swinburne, Teaching Excellence Award, Swinburne University of Technology
Also published as: Oates, Grainne; Oates, G.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2016: 2016 Visiting Fellowships Scheme - Niamh M. Brennan *; Visiting Fellowships Scheme
- 2013: Perceived environmental performance and disclosure on local councils in Victoria, Australia *; AFAANZ Research Grants
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display