- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Centre for Transformative Innovation
- Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance
- BA 1113 Hawthorn campus
Professor Christine Jubb was previously Research Fellow and Director of the Australian National Centre for Audit and Assurance Research at the Australian National University. She was appointed, by the Financial Reporting Council, to the Auditing and Assurance Standards Board in 2005 and reappointed for a second, three-year term to the Board which ended in December 2010. She was seconded part-time to the Australian Accounting Research Foundation in 2001 and 2002, the then Secretariat to the previous Auditing and Assurance Standards Board. Christine has taught research methodology, auditing, accounting theory and financial reporting at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. She has supervised auditing-related research at Honours, Master and PhD levels and published refereed articles and textbooks on Auditing and Assurance. She was the co-recipient of Australian Research Council Discovery Grants in 2004 and 2005 and in 2010, a Linkage Grant. She is Chair of the CPA Australia Exam Policy Advisory Committee.
Auditing; Accounting; Corporate Governance
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
PhD topics and outlines
Board Diversity and Corporate Social Responsibility: This project examines the role of board diversity in advancing corporate social responsibility activities and disclosures.
Compliance with IFRS and Financial Reporting Quality: This project examines the level of compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards in various countries and its role in various measures of financial reporting quality.
Gender Diversity and Microfinance: This project examines the role of female directors, CEOs, loan officers and clients in the outreach of microfinance activities
Shareholder Activism and Say on Pay: This project examines directors' trades in their own company's shares in association with first and second strikes under Australia's 'Say on Pay' shareholding votes on the Directors' Remuneration Report
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Auditing And Accountability - 150102
- Accounting Theory And Standards - 150101
- Economic Development And Growth - 140202
Also published as: Jubb, Christine; Jubb, C.; Jubb, C. A.; Jubb, Christine A.; Jubb, Christine Ann
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2017: PhD Scholarship for Tram Anh TRAN NGUYEN *; Vietnam International Education Development
- 2017: Railway resettlement project in Cambodia *; Credit Union Foundation Australia
- 2017: The Determinants of Capital Structure: Pre and Post Finance Crisis, Evidence from Vietnam Stock Exchange.PhD Scholarship for student Minh Phuc NGUYEN *; Vietnam International Education Development
- 2016: Capacity Development Program for TVET sector reform in Bangladesh *; Institution of Development Engineers Bangladesh
- 2015: Corporate governance and the efficiency of Malaysia's listed companies *; Melbourne-Sarawak Research Collaboration Scheme
- 2015: The complexity of Malaysian financial reports and its association with earnings management and corporate efficiency *; Melbourne-Sarawak Research Collaboration Scheme
- 2014: Asset Inheritance and the Intergenerational Transmission of Poverty *; ASA Philippines Foundation
- 2014: How does 'risk' feel? - A qualitative study of risk cultures in the Australian financial system *; AFAANZ Research Grants
- 2014: Resilience in the presence of disaster: a microfinance perspective *; ASA Philippines Foundation
- 2013: Pay for Performance: Does it extend to Remuneration Committee Membership? *; AFAANZ Research Grants
- 2013: Perceived environmental performance and disclosure on local councils in Victoria, Australia *; AFAANZ Research Grants
* Chief Investigator