- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Centre for Transformative Innovation
- AGSE201G Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Alfons Palangkaraya is an Associate Professor at the Centre for Transformative Innovation. His current research is in the area of innovation, intellectual property rights, globalisation, and firm performance. Alfons is one of the foremost experts on Australian IP datasets and has provided research consulting services to various Australian and international institutions such as Department of Industry and the ASEAN Secretariat.
Innovation; Intellectual property; economics; productivity; globalisation; international trade; impact evaluation; research and development; R&D; ASEAN; foreign direct investment; knowledge spillover; patent; econometrics; efficiency analysis; indonesia; firm performance; industry dynamics; corporate governance; global value chain; value added; industrial organization
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Coordinating Supervisor.
PhD topics and outlines
Innovation Economics : Global patent system, international trade and the globalisation R&D activities Networks of inventors and scientists and collaboration to generate radical scientific breakthroughs What can governments do to foster science, innovation and technological upgrading? What is the role of international collaboration and migration in scientific research, innovation and economic performance?
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Applied Economics - 140200
Also published as: Palangkaraya, Alfons; Palangkaraya, A.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2017: Export Dynamics and Export Industry Development *; ERIA
- 2017: Grants Impact Evaluation Project *; Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport & Resources Fund Scheme
- 2017: The role of branding and international trademarks in global value chains *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2016: Annual updates to the Evaluation of Trade Mission program *; Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport & Resources Fund Scheme
- 2015: Data Linking, Matching & Cleaning Service *; IP Australia
- 2015: Skill-related determinants of innovation activity: Australian Evidence from the BLS *; Australian Council of Learned Academies
- 2015: The efficiency of the Global Patent System *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2014: Relationship of firm innovation and performance on the role of government *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display