Rental Assistance Scholarships
This entitles you to a rental assistance scholarship valued up to $2,000. These grants are funded by the Australian Government's Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program.
Available to students studying any course at an undergraduate, associate degree or UniLink level.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible you must meet all the following criteria:
- a local student (Australian citizen/permanent resident/permanent humanitarian visa holder/New Zealand citizen)
- enrolled in an undergraduate degree , associate degree course or UniLink course at Swinburne;
- enrolled full time. (exceptional circumstances for studying part-time will be considered);
- paying rent or board not mortgage payments. (students living in the family home paying board and contributing to household expenses are eligible to apply);
- demonstrate that you are from a low socio-economic background (e.g. you or your parents are in receipt of or eligible for Centrelink payments);
- experiencing significant financial hardship and struggling to meet basic living costs;
If you are a Swinburne Online or Open Universities Australia student, you can apply if you are on a Commonwealth Supported Place and meet the above criteria.
$2,000 paid in two instalments of $1,000 – one in Semester 1 and one in Semester 2.
Multiple scholarships are available.
How to apply
Applications for the grant have closed. All applicants, whether successful or not, will be notified the outcome of their application by 30 April via their student email account.
All successful applicants will be required to sign a Conditions of Receipt form.
Equity Project Officer