Rent Assistance Scholarships
This entitles you to a rental assistance scholarship valued up to $2000. These grants are funded by the Australian government's Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program.
Available to students studying any course at an undergraduate, associate degree or UniLink level.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible a student must meet all the following criteria:
- Local students (Australian citizen/Permanent Resident/Permanent Humanitarian visa) who are enrolled in an undergraduate degree or associate degree course of study;
- Full time. (Exceptional circumstances for studying part-time will be considered);
- Paying rent or board not mortgage payments. (Students living in the family home paying board and contributing to household expenses are eligible to apply);
- Demonstrate a low socio-economic background (e.g. you or your parents are in receipt of or eligible for Centrelink payment);
- Experiencing significant financial hardship and struggling to meet basic living costs;
- Provide proof of lease agreement or rental certificate verifying rental arrangement for the current year, or a statutory declaration detailing the rent/board paid if living in shared accommodation or with parents/relatives.
- Local also includes Swinburne Online and Open Universities Australia students who are on a Commonwealth Supported Place and enrolled in an undergraduate program at Swinburne.
$2000 paid in two instalments of $1,000 – one in Semester 1 and one in Semester 2.
Multiple scholarships are available.
How to apply
Applications are currently closed and will reopen in February 2018.
Equity Project Officer