Sir Reginald Ansett Scholarship - Aviation
The Sir Reginald Ansett Scholarship for Aviation is offered to assist a student with costs associated with aviation studies, enabling them to realise their passion for an aviation career and full academic potential by reducing the need to work outside of study.
Single or double Aviation or Aviation (Management) undergraduate degree
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or holder of a permanent humanitarian visa
- be a commencing student studying full-time in a single or double Aviation or Aviation (Management) undergraduate degree at Swinburne in Semester 1, 2018
- have completed Year 12 in 2017 (or in 2016, and taken a gap year in 2017)
- achieve a minimum ATAR of 85.00
- provide evidence of financial hardship (documents such as a bank statement, salary slips, centrelink statement and/or personal statement)
- demonstrate a passion for an aviation career in a personal statement of 500 words or less.
- provide two referee reports outlining the applicant’s suitability for the scholarship (these reports cannot be written by someone related to you):
- an academic reference - from a person qualified to comment on academic studies, preferably a subject coordinator from the applicant’s secondary school and/or a school principal. And;
- a character reference - from a current or past employer (no older than one year) or a person competent to supply a character reference.
The scholarship is valued at $10,000 per year, for a period of three years. The total value of the scholarship is $30,000.
How to apply
Applicants must complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by Thursday 25th January 2018.
Scholarships and Prizes, Student Administration