Sir Reginald Ansett Scholarship - Aviation
The Sir Reginald Ansett Scholarship for Aviation is offered to assist a student with costs associated with aviation studies, enabling them to realise their passion for an aviation career and full academic potential by reducing the need to work outside of study.
Single or double Aviation or Aviation (Management) undergraduate course offered by Swinburne University of Technology.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Sir Reginald Ansett Scholarship - Aviation scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- be an Australian citizen
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- have completed year 12 in 2020 (or in 2019 and taken a gap year in 2020)
- be a commencing Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2021
- enrolled full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- Achieved a minimum ATAR of 85.00 and provide ATAR certificate as evidence (criteria waived for students in 2021 Early Entry Program)
- Submit a personal statement (500 words) demonstrating a passion for an aviation career
- Provide evidence of financial hardship
- Provide two referee reports outlining the applicant’s suitability for the scholarship:
- an academic reference - from a person qualified to comment on academic studies, such as a subject coordinator, school principal, etc.
- a character reference - from a person competent to supply a character reference such as a current or past employer.
The scholarship is valued at $10,000 per year, for up to three years.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by 28 March 2021. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services