Sir Reginald Ansett Scholarship - Aviation
The Sir Reginald Ansett Scholarship for Aviation is offered to assist a student with costs associated with aviation studies, enabling them to realise their passion for an aviation career and full academic potential by reducing the need to work outside of study.
Single or double Aviation or Aviation (Management) undergraduate degree
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or holder of a permanent humanitarian visa
- be a commencing student studying full-time in a single or double Aviation or Aviation (Management) undergraduate degree at Swinburne in Semester 1, 2020
- have completed Year 12 in 2019 (or in 2018, and taken a gap year in 2019)
- achieve a minimum ATAR of 85.00
- provide evidence of financial hardship
- demonstrate a passion for an aviation career in a personal statement of 500 words or less.
- provide two referee reports outlining the applicant’s suitability for the scholarship:
- an academic reference - from a person qualified to comment on academic studies, such as a subject coordinator, school principal, etc.
- a character reference - from a person competent to supply a character reference such as a current or past employer.
The scholarship is valued at $10,000 per year, for a period of three years. The total value of the scholarship is $30,000.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by Friday 31 January 2020. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services