Rosemary Simpson Scholarship
The Rosemary Simpson Scholarship has been established by the Jolimont Foundation to assist Swinburne students from rural and regional areas to undertake and complete a university education. The aim is to support and enable them to achieve their full potential by reducing the need to work outside of study.
Any on-campus undergraduate degree at Swinburne University of Technology.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Rosemary Simpson Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizen
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing first year Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2023
- enrolled full time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- preference will be given to Year 12 school leavers
- Demonstrate that you have relocated from a rural and regional area in order to study at Swinburne
- Refer to Rural and Regional Calculator to determine your geographic classification.
- Submit a personal statement (500 words) addressing the following:
- leadership qualities and/or community participation
- Provide evidence of financial and/or personal hardship. Examples of evidence include, but are not limited to:
- Centrelink statement
- Personal statement can be used to describe personal hardship
- Provide two written references outlining your suitability for the scholarship:
- Academic reference - from a person qualified to comment on academic studies, such as a subject coordinator, school principal, etc.
- Character reference - from a person competent to supply a character reference such as a current or past employer.
The scholarship is valued at $10,000 per year for the normal duration of the degree for up to a maximum of five years.
How to apply
Applications are currently closed.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services