Indigenous TAFE Educators Scholarship
The Indigenous TAFE Educators Scholarship aims to empower and support Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people who aspire to pursue a career in education within the education sector.
This scholarship is designed to address the underrepresentation of Indigenous educators in TAFE institutions by providing financial assistance, mentorship, and professional development opportunities. Through this initiative, we seek to enhance diversity and cultural inclusion within the education sector, fostering a learning environment that reflects the richness of Indigenous perspectives.
The scholarship is valued at $3,000 for one year.
The following on-campus or online Vocational Education course offered by Swinburne University of Technology:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Indigenous TAFE Educators scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizen
- Confirm you are of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage by submitting a Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Heritage certificate (COA) or a certified Statutory Declaration (Stat Dec) declaring that you are of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, and/or is accepted as such by the community in which you live, or formerly lived.
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing first year Vocational Education student in 2024
- enrolled full-time or part-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- Provide evidence of financial or personal hardship. Disadvantage(s) may include:
- financial difficulty or low-socio economic status (Centrelink statement, payslips)
- disability or medical condition
- delay or interruption to career or studies because of family responsibilities or illness
- Submit a personal statement (250 words) outlining :
- how this scholarship will help you achieve your career goals in Education
- how this scholarship will assist you in completing the course
- leadership qualities
The scholarship is valued at $3,000 for one year only.
There are 10 scholarships available.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by 31 March 2024.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services