Swinburne Community Bank Leadership Scholarship
The Swinburne Community Bank (through the Community Bank Inner East) is much bigger than just a bank. It is also a supporter of the local community activities that support students, alumni, clubs, and the broader Swinburne Community.
This scholarship seeks to support a Swinburne undergraduate student studying Nursing or Education that can demonstrate the values of the Swinburne Community Bank through their leadership qualities, community spirit and volunteer engagements.
The scholarship is valued at $5,000 for one year.
The following Undergraduate courses (single or double degree) offered by Swinburne University of Technology:
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood and Primary)
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Teaching)
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Community Bank at Swinburne Leadership Scholarship, applicants must:
1. Meet the following criteria:
- Australian, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident
2. Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- Enrolled either full time or part time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- Completed a minimum of 100 Credit Points with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Studying On-Campus
3. Provide a copy of curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages)
4. Provide an academic transcript of the previous year of study (an Unofficial transcript is acceptable)
5. A written statement (maximum 500 words) or a maximum two-minute video addressing the following points:
- why the applicant is passionate about their chosen career
- volunteering/ leadership experience in their community.
- Upload the video to cloud based storage and provide a link in an MS Word or PDF document. Please ensure the video can be downloaded by anyone and provide any passwords if necessary.
6. A written reference from a teacher/ lecturer/ community leader or employer about the leadership skills and/ or any community involvement activities of the applicant.
The scholarship is worth $5,000 and will be awarded for one year to a student in an eligible course.
Scholarship payments are annual and paid in two tranches, unless advised otherwise.
How to apply
Applications are currently closed.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services