SNXG Engineering Scholarships
The SNXG (Swinburne Engineering Excellence Group) scholarships support high achieving students to excel in the field of engineering. These scholarship aim to provide a cohort of engineering students at various stages in their studies, with support and encouragement which can create opportunities to engage in peer-to-peer mentoring as well as learning from industry experts to help develop talent and minds of future engineers. There are three scholarships in total on offer in 2023, one for a second year undergraduate, one for a third year undergraduate and one student undertaking a Masters degree.
The following single and double degree Engineering courses at Swinburne University:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Professional)
- Master of Engineering
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for a SNXG Engineering Scholarship applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- International Student (Conditions apply)**
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a second year, third year or Masters student at Swinburne in 2023
- enrolled full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- distinction average or higher from previous year of study
- Provide an academic transcript of previous year of study.
- Provide a personal statement (Maximum 500 words) or short video outlining the following points:
- your passion for engineering; and
- how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your career aspirations and contributing to a better world
(The video should be uploaded to cloud based storage and a link provided in an MS Word or PDF document. Please ensure the video can be downloaded by anyone and provide any passwords if necessary.)
5. Provide one written referee report from a community leader, employer or teacher outlining your character and leadership qualities
** International students with a Swinburne International Scholarship are not eligible to apply
The scholarship is valued as a one-off payment as follows:
- Second year student - $7,500
- Third year student - $7,500
- Masters student - $10,000
How to apply
Applications are currently closed.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services