Mandala Prize for Law
The Mandala Prize is part of the Student Achievement awards for a Law student enrolled in a Bachelor of Laws course at Swinburne University who has overcome hardship to succeed.
This $2000 prize is generously supported by Sharpe and Abel and other donors to Swinburne University.
Undergraduate Bachelor of Laws degree (single or double) at Swinburne University of Technology.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Mandala Prize, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or Australian Permanent Resident with Humanitarian Visa
- International student
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2023
- enrolled in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- have completed a minimum of 100 credit points in LAW coded LLB units
- have a credit point average of at least 70 in your LAW coded LLB units
- Demonstrate and provide evidence of financial hardship and/or educational disadvantage. Disadvantage may include:
- financial difficulty or low income (Centrelink statement, payslips)
- disability or medical condition
- delay or interruption to career or studies because of family responsibilities or illness
- relocation from a rural or regional area in order to undertake tertiary study
- English as a second language
- identification as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Submit a 2 minute video or 500 word personal statement addressing:
- commitment to study
- career aspirations in law
- The video should be uploaded to cloud based storage and a link provided in a MS Word or PDF document. Please ensure the file can be downloaded by anyone and provide any passwords if necessary.
- Provide a Cover Letter addressing all criteria and your eligibility
The Mandala Prize is valued at $2,000.
How to apply
Applications are currently closed.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services