Mandala Prize for Law
The Mandala Prize is part of the Student Achievement awards for a Law student enrolled in a Bachelor of Laws course at Swinburne University who has overcome hardship to succeed.
This $2000 prize is generously supported by Sharpe and Abel and other donors to Swinburne University.
Undergraduate Bachelor of Laws degree (single or double) at Swinburne University of Technology.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Mandala Prize, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or Australian Permanent Resident with Humanitarian Visa
- International student
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2023
- enrolled in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- have completed a minimum of 100 credit points in LAW coded LLB units
- have a credit point average of at least 70 in your LAW coded LLB units
- Demonstrate and provide evidence of financial hardship and/or educational disadvantage. Disadvantage may include:
- financial difficulty or low income (Centrelink statement, payslips)
- disability or medical condition
- delay or interruption to career or studies because of family responsibilities or illness
- relocation from a rural or regional area in order to undertake tertiary study
- English as a second language
- identification as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Submit a 2 minute video or 500 word personal statement addressing:
- commitment to study
- career aspirations in law
- The video should be uploaded to cloud based storage and a link provided in a MS Word or PDF document. Please ensure the file can be downloaded by anyone and provide any passwords if necessary.
- Provide a Cover Letter addressing all criteria and your eligibility
The Mandala Prize is valued at $2,000.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by 30 June 2023.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services