Indigenous Design Scholarship
Indigi-Print Pty Ltd was established in 2017 as a full-service printing management company. Through their wholesale supply chain, Indigi-Print prioritises other Indigenous businesses or social enterprises. Indigi-Print is grounded on social equity goals and Indigenous development initiatives such as employment opportunities and discrete project support which promote the advancement of Indigenous communities and people.
The Indigenous Design Scholarship is valued at $3,000 and aims to support a Vocational Education or Higher Education design student to purchase IT hardware and software to support their study.
The following Design courses offered by Swinburne University of Technology:
- Certificate IV in Design
- Diploma of Graphic Design
- Advanced Diploma of Graphic Design
- Diploma of Design (UniLink)
- Bachelor of Design (including double degrees)
- Master of Design
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Indigenous Design Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizen
- confirm you are of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander heritage:
- be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
- identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person
- be accepted as such by the community in which you live, or formerly lived
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing or continuing student in Semester 1 or Semester 2, 2022
- enrolled full-time or part-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- Provide evidence of financial hardship such as:
- Health Care Card
- Youth Allowance
- Newstart Allowance
- Disability Support Pension
- Carer’s Payment
- Bank statement*
- Salary slip*
*Bank and/or Salary statements can only be considered if an explanation is provided in your personal statement on how these reflect financial hardship
- Submit a personal statement (500 words):
- describing your talent, flair, and passion for graphic design
The scholarship is valued at $3,000 for one year only.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by 31 August, 2022. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services