NICA's Excellence Scholarship
This scholarship is open to a prospective first year student in the Bachelor of Circus Arts who demonstrates excellence in their audition process but cannot enrol due to financial hardship.
This scholarship will contribute to tuition fees.
The following NICA (National Institute of Circus Arts) courses offered by Swinburne University of Technology
- Bachelor of Circus Arts
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for NICA’s Excellence Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing first year Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2024
- enrolled full time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- Have experienced financial hardship which may have hindered access to education.
- Provide evidence of financial hardship. Examples include (but not limited to)::
- Centrelink statement
- Submit a personal statement (500 words) addressing your financial hardship and:
- Genuine interest in Circus Arts
- Previous engagement with the circus industry
- Provide two written references outlining your suitability for the scholarship:
- Academic reference - from a person qualified to comment on academic studies, such as a subject coordinator, school principal, etc.
- Character reference - from a person competent to supply a character reference such as a current or past employer.
Tuition Fee Waiver for the first year of the Bachelor of Circus Arts in 2024.
How to apply
Applicaions are currently closed.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services