MTC VET Indigenous Relocation Scholarship
Moondani Toombadool Centre will be supporting a VET Indigenous student enrolled to commence a Diploma (including Unilink) or Advanced Diploma. This scholarship aims to assist students with relocation and accommodation costs to begin their course with Swinburne. Scholarships will be awarded in a one-off payment.
Diploma, Advanced Diploma and Unilink Diploma courses offered by Swinburne University of Technology.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the VET Indigenous Relocation Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizen
- Confirm they are of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage by submitting a Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Heritage certificate (COA) with their scholarship application or a certified Statutory Declaration (Stat Dec) declaring that the individual applying for the scholarship is of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, and/or is accepted as such by the community in which you live, or formerly lived.
- You must have lived in a regional or remote area of Australia within the past 4 years and need to relocate to undertake the current studyAustralian Statistical Geographical Classification – Remoteness Area
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing Swinburne student in 2023
- enrolled full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- Have experienced one or more of the below points, which may have hindered access to education:
- financial hardship
- personal hardship
- Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- located in a regional, rural or remote area
- Submit a personal statement (500 words) addressing the above (#3) and:
- describe your aspirations for this course
- explain current financial circumstance and the impact this scholarship will provide
- Provide where they are locating from to commence study with Swinburne.
- Provide two referee reports outlining your suitability for the scholarship:
- Academic reference - from a person qualified to comment on academic studies, such as a subject coordinator, school principal, etc.
- Character reference - from a person competent to supply a character reference such as a current or past employer.
The scholarship is valued at $2500 (One-off payment). There are 5 scholarships available to be awarded.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships, Student Administration and Library Services