BMW Group Smart Melbourne Scholarships
BMW Group work tirelessly to find innovative solutions today for the issues of tomorrow. The challenges of urban mobility in particular not only require different vehicle products, but also new kinds of mobility systems and mobility services.
As part of the BMW Group Dialogues, and in collaboration with Swinburne University of Technology in Melbourne, Australia, the BMW Group is providing travel scholarships to five successful applicants.
The scholarships are open to students who attend Swinburne and demonstrate their interest in sustainable urban mobility.
Swinburne Associate degrees, Bachelor degrees, Master degrees, Research Higher Degrees.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible, applicants must:
- hold a valid passport to travel to Munich, Germany
- Be available to travel to Munich in December 2018 or January 2019
- Applicants must be eighteen years or older at the time of travel
Applicants must respond to the selection criteria:
- Provide a personal statement (200 words maximum) demonstrating your interest in sustainability and/or smart cities and/or urban mobility and how travel to BMW Group’s headquarters in Munich aligns with your interests
- Provide a response to the Smart Melbourne Prompt:
Smart Melbourne: Melbourne aspires to be carbon neutral by 2020. However, yesterday’s technology cannot solve tomorrow’s problems. What technology or service would you invent to bring the city of Melbourne closer to its goal of becoming a carbon-neutral city by 2020? Identify one major challenge related to urban mobility in Melbourne and present a creative solution to address this challenge. Please include how this solution benefits the residents of Melbourne.
Submissions should be either:
- a creative submission such as a video, prototypes, visuals, etc. (maximum 3 minutes) and a brief statement (maximum 300 words) introducing your creative submission, or
- a written submission (max 1000 words) responding to the ‘Smart Melbourne’ prompt.
Each successful scholar will receive 1,000 Euros as a cash prize and an all-expense-paid trip to BMW Group Headquarters and research and development facilities in Munich, Germany to meet with experts in the field of sustainable urban mobility.
How to apply
Applications for this scholarship have now closed.