Akamai Women in STEM Scholarship
Akamai is a global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet fast, reliable and secure for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere.
This scholarship aims to support an exceptional female student who is seeking a career in technology.
- Bachelor of Engineering Practice (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)/Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Professional)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology
Eligibility / selection criteria
- be a female Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- be a commencing student studying full-time at Swinburne in the specified on campus undergraduate degree as listed above in the year the scholarship is awarded
- have achieved an ATAR of 80 or more (provide ATAR certificate)
- provide evidence/reference letters of community participation that outlines:
- your leadership qualities, and
- your recent community involvement / voluntary work (within the last 2 years)
- submit a personal statement of no more than 500 words outlining:
- passion for the chosen career in your field of study
- interest in technology and The Internet of Things
The scholarship is valued at $7,500 per year for the normal duration of the course, for a maximum period of up to three years
How to apply
Applications will re-open in October 2019.
Scholarships & Prizes, Student Administration and Library Services