The Australia Awards–Endeavour Scholarships are the Australian Government’s competitive, merit-based scholarships providing opportunities for international students to undertake study, research or professional development in Australia.
There are several categories under this scholarship. View the full list here.
Applications for the Endeavour Scholarships are expected to open in July/August 2018 for the 2019 scholarship round. However interested students are encouraged to submit their HDR candidature application to Swinburne now.
All research (including MbR and PhD) courses.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible to receive an Endeavour scholarship, applicants must:
- be aged 18 years or over at the commencement of their program
- be a citizen and/or permanent residency of a participating country (section 8)
- provide all supporting documentation
- not currently hold or have completed, after 1 January 2016, an Endeavour scholarship and/or fellowship
- not apply for a category in which they have already completed an Endeavour scholarship or fellowship.
Applicants will be assessed on the specific educational qualifications as determined by the Department of Education and Training. For detailed information, please visit the Endeavour Scholarship website.
All scholarship recipients will receive:
- travel allowance: $3,000 (provision to pay up to $4,500 under special circumstances)
- establishment allowance: $2,000 (fellowships) or $4,000 (scholarships)
- monthly stipend: $3,000 (paid up to the maximum category duration on a pro-rata basis)
- health insurance for the full category duration (OSHC for international recipients)
- travel insurance (excluding during program for international recipients)
Endeavour scholarship recipients will also receive tuition fees paid up to the maximum study/research duration on a pro-rata basis. Tuition includes student service and amenities fees.
For more information, visit this page.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted using the Endeavour Online application system. Please refer to the applications page for further information. You will need an offer from the university prior to submitting your application. If you have any queries about this part of the application process you are encouraged to email: email@example.com
Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible during the application period due to the large volume of users on the system in the lead up to the closing date. Submitting early ensures that you will not have any last minute technical problems due to the large number of applications being submitted.