Australia Awards Endeavour Scholarships
The Australia Awards–Endeavour Scholarships are the Australian Government’s competitive, merit-based scholarships providing opportunities for international students to undertake study, research or professional development in Australia.
There are several categories under this scholarship. View the full list here.
All postgraduate (including PhD) and vocational education and training (VET) courses.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible to receive an Endeavour scholarship, applicants must:
- be aged 18 years or over at the commencement of their program
- be a citizen and/or permanent residency of a participating country (section 8)
- provide all supporting documentation (section 9)
- not currently hold or have completed, after 1 January 2015, an Australian Government sponsored scholarship and/or fellowship
- not apply for a category in which they have already completed an Endeavour scholarship or fellowship.
Applicants will be assessed on the following selection criteria and their relative weighting:
- A record of high-level academic achievement and/or relevant work experience in the applican't chosen field of study (40%)
- A well-defined study, research and/or professional development programme (20%)
- A statement on how the international study, research or professional development opportunity would further the applicant's academic and/or professional career (20%)
- A statement on how the international study, research or professional development opportunity will benefit Australia and the applicant's potential to foster ongoing collaboration and cooperation with their home and host country (20%).
For detailed information, please visit the Endeavour Scholarship website.
All scholarship recipients will receive:
- travel allowance: $3,000 (provision to pay up to $4,500 under special circumstances)
- establishment allowance: $2,000 (fellowships) or $4,000 (scholarships)
- monthly stipend: $3,000 (paid up to the maximum category duration on a pro-rata basis)
- health insurance for the full category duration (OSHC for international recipients)
- travel insurance (excluding during program for international recipients)
Endeavour scholarship recipients will also receive tuition fees paid up to the maximum study/research duration on a pro-rata basis. Tuition includes student service and amenities fees.
For more information, visit this page.
How to apply
Applications for these scholarships are now closed.