Goldsmith Family Women in STEM Scholarship
The Goldsmith Family’s Women in STEM Scholarship was established to encourage women to undertake a career across Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematical disciplines.
Single and double degree courses in Science, Technology and Engineering and Mathematical disciplines.
Eligibility / selection criteria
- be a female Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or holder of an Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- be a commencing student studying full-time at Swinburne or through Swinburne Online in the specified undergraduate degree as listed above in the year the scholarship is awarded
- have achieved an ATAR of 90 (provide ATAR certificate)
- submit a personal statement of no more than 750 words outlining:
a) your leadership qualities
b) recent community involvement / voluntary work (within the last 2 years)
c) your long term goals/ career aspirations
d) the benefit of this scholarship to your studies
- provide two referee reports (written in the last 2 years by persons not related to you) to support your application:
- an academic reference - from a person competent to comment on your capacity to undertake or continue tertiary studies e.g. a subject coordinator and/or a school principal, and
- Character reference - from a person competent to comment on your suitability for the scholarship. eg. an employer.
Please note references cannot be supplied by a person related to you.
The scholarship is valued at $7,500 per year for the normal duration of the course, for a maximum period of up to five years.
How to apply
Applicants must complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documents by the closing date.
Applications will close on Thursday 31 of January 2019.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services