Goldsmith Family Women in STEM Scholarship
The Goldsmith Family’s Women in STEM Scholarship was established to encourage women to undertake a career across Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematical disciplines.
Single and double degree courses in Science, Technology and Engineering and Mathematical disciplines.
Eligibility / selection criteria
- be a female Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or holder of an Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- be a commencing student studying full-time at Swinburne or through Swinburne Online in the specified undergraduate degree as listed above in the year the scholarship is awarded
- have achieved an ATAR of 90 (provide ATAR certificate)
- submit a personal statement of no more than 750 words outlining:
a) your leadership qualities
b) recent community involvement / voluntary work (within the last 2 years)
c) your long term goals/ career aspirations
d) the benefit of this scholarship to your studies
- provide two referee reports (written in the last 2 years by persons not related to you) to support your application:
- an academic reference - from a person competent to comment on your capacity to undertake or continue tertiary studies e.g. a subject coordinator and/or a school principal, and
- Character reference - from a person competent to comment on your suitability for the scholarship. eg. an employer.
Please note references cannot be supplied by a person related to you.
The scholarship is valued at $7,500 per year for the normal duration of the course, for a maximum period of up to five years.
How to apply
Applications are closed.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services