Joe Manders Scholarship for part-time students
Part-time students often experience financial disadvantage and experience difficulties in juggling work or family commitments with their study, but have limited access to the same level of scholarships available to full time students.
The donor, Joe Manders, completed his Accounting course at Swinburne part-time and seeks to provide a scholarship for part-time students who are studying a Business course.
Any undergraduate course in Business offered by Swinburne University of Technology
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Joe Manders Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Australian Citizen
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a continuing Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2024
- enrolled part-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- completed at least 100 credit points towards the completion of your degree
- achieved a credit average in completed units
- studying on-campus or online
- Submit a personal statement (500 words) addressing the following:
- passion for the chosen field of study
- how this scholarship would make a difference to your life
- Provide evidence of financial disadvantage and/or personal hardship. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Centrelink statement
- Provide evidence of community participation. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- extra-curricular service to the community
- sporting abilities
- leadership qualities
The scholarship is valued at $5,000 for one year only.
How to apply
Applications are currently closed.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services