Alba Sorati Scholarship for Women
The Alba Sorati Scholarship is awarded to support female students from disadvantaged backgrounds to undertake or continue tertiary education in engineering, information and communication technologies or science at Swinburne University.
Undergraduate degree in engineering, information and communication technologies or science offered by Swinburne University of Technology.
Eligibility / selection criteria
Applicants must be:
- be an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or a holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a female commencing or current student studying full-time in an on-campus single or double undergraduate or postgraduate/degree in engineering, information and communication technologies or science at Swinburne in Semester 1, 2020
- provide evidence of low socio economic status. This may include:
- financial difficulty or low income
- disability or medical condition
- delay or interruption to career or studies because of family responsibilities or illness
- relocation from a rural or regional area in order to undertake tertiary study
- English as a second language
- identification as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- provide ATAR or previous academic records
- provide a personal statement of 500 words or less describing;
- educational disadvantage
- commitment to study, including sound academic ability, career aspirations and a strong potential to complete the degree within minimum time and
- benefit that receiving this scholarship will provide to you
- provide two referee reports outlining your suitability for the scholarship:
- an academic reference - from a person qualified to comment on academic studies, such as a subject coordinator, school principal, etc.
- a character reference - from a person competent to supply a character reference such as a current or past employer.
The scholarship is valued at $2000.
How to apply
Applications will re-open in August 2020.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services