Alba Sorati Scholarship for Women
The Alba Sorati Scholarship is awarded to support female identifying students from disadvantaged backgrounds to commence or continue tertiary education in the following disciplines at Swinburne:
- Information and communication technologies
Undergraduate degree offered by Swinburne University of Technology in the following disciplines:
- Information and Communication Technologies
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Alba Sorati Scholarship for Women, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Female student
- Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or a holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing or continuing Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2022
- enrolled full time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- studying on-campus
- Provide a personal statement of 500 words or less describing:
- educational disadvantage
- commitment to study, including sound academic ability, career aspirations and a strong potential to complete the degree within minimum time and
- benefit that receiving this scholarship will provide to you
- Provide evidence of low socio economic status. This may include:
- financial difficulty or low income (Centrelink statement, payslips. Bank statements can be used if an explanation is provided in a personal statement)
- disability or medical condition
- delay or interruption to career or studies because of family responsibilities or illness
- relocation from a rural or regional area in order to undertake tertiary study
- English as a second language
- identification as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Provide ATAR certificate or academic transcript of previous study
- Provide two written references outlining your suitability for the scholarship:
- an Academic reference - from a person qualified to comment on academic studies, such as a subject coordinator, school principal, etc.
- a Character reference - from a person competent to supply a character reference such as a current or past employer.
The scholarship is valued at $2000, for one year only.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by 31 March 2022. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services