Swinburne Student Achievement Awards
The Swinburne Student Achievement Awards recognise students who have experienced significant personal hardship or adversity and have persevered with their studies.
There are a limited number of awards available, and successful applicants receive $1000 each.
These awards are offered by Swinburne Student Equity and AccessAbility Services. They are funded by the Australian government’s Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program and donations made to the university.
In addition, we are offering two awards to students who have experienced hardship and are studying particular courses:
- The Mandala Student Achievement Award is for a Swinburne Law School student.
- The Patterson Family Student Achievement Award for a student studying a Bachelor of Science with an Applied Mathematics major.
All Swinburne courses.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for this award, you must:
- be currently enrolled at Swinburne (in any course, including vocational education, undergraduate degree and postgraduate courses).
- have passed at least one semester (or two terms) of study at Swinburne.
- have experienced significant personal hardship or adversity, and managed to perservere with your studies. (Some examples of significant hardship are: a disability, health issues, family issues, or an unexpected event.)
All students are encouraged to apply, including:
- students living with a disability
- students with refugee or asylum seeker status
- local and international students
- students studying full-time and part-time
- Swinburne Online students
- OUA students who are studying a Swinburne undergraduate degree.
If you have already received this award you cannot apply for it again.
Each award is valued at $1000.
How to apply
Applications are currently closed and will reopen on Wednesday, 1 August 2018.
Swinburne Achievement Awards
Phone: 03 9214 8541