Swinburne Student Achievement Awards
The Swinburne Student Achievement Awards recognise students who have experienced significant personal hardship or adversity and have persevered with their studies.
There are a limited number of awards available, and successful applicants receive $1000 each.
These awards are offered by Swinburne Student Equity and AccessAbility Services. They are funded by the Australian government’s Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program HEPPP) and Alumni donations made to the university.
All Swinburne courses.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for this award, you must:
- be currently enrolled at Swinburne (in any course, including vocational education, undergraduate degree and postgraduate courses).
- have passed at least one semester (or two terms) of study at Swinburne.
- have experienced significant personal hardship or adversity, and managed to perservere with your studies. (Some examples of significant hardship are: a disability, health issues, family issues, or an unexpected event.)
All students are encouraged to apply, including:
- students living with a disability
- students with refugee or asylum seeker status
- local and international students
- students studying full-time and part-time
- Swinburne Online students
- OUA students who are studying a Swinburne degree.
If you have already received this award or a Student Services Achievement Award you are not eligible to apply.
Each award is valued at $1000.
How to apply
Applications are currently closed and will reopen in August 2020.
Scholarships and Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services