Swinburne Student Achievement Awards
The Swinburne Student Achievement Awards recognise students who have experienced significant personal hardship or adversity and have persevered with their studies.
There are a limited number of awards available, and successful applicants receive $1000 each.
These awards are offered by Swinburne Student Equity and AccessAbility Services. They are funded by the Australian government’s Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program HEPPP) and Alumni donations made to the university.
Higher Education courses ONLY.
Eligibility / selection criteria
As a result of COVID-19 and the impact on our student population, we anticipate a large response to these awards. Please consider this before applying and ensure that you can satisfy ALL criteria before submitting your application.
To be eligible for this award, you must:
- be currently enrolled at Swinburne (in any Higher Education course, including undergraduate degree and postgraduate courses);
- have evidence of low SES status (either you or your caregiver/parent);
- have passed at least one year (or four terms) of study at Swinburne;
- have overcome a significant personal hardship or adversity AND managed to persevere with your studies.
- examples of significant hardship are: a disability, health issues, family issues, or an unexpected event.
All local Higher Education students are encouraged to apply, including those:
- living with a disability;
- students studying full-time or part-time;
- studying with Swinburne Online; and
- OUA students who are studying a Swinburne degree.
If you have already received this award or a Student Services Achievement Award you are not eligible to apply.
Each award is valued at $1000.
How to apply
Applications are currently closed and will reopen in August 17, 2020.
Scholarships and Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services