Judith Kinnear Student Travel Scholarship
Judith Kinnear is a former student of Swinburne who has also been the Vice-Chancellor at Massey University in New Zealand. This scholarship is designed to be used by a student enrolled in a postgraduate degree, either a Masters (by research) or PhD in the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology for travel to attend a conference, visit colleagues at a research institute, meet potential business or research collaborators, or similar.
Masters (by research) or PhD in the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be a current student studying full-time in a masters (by research) or PhD in the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology at Swinburne in semester 1, 2020
- submit a personal statement of 500 words addressing how the attendance at a ‘significant career-impacting international event’ will be of professional benefit to them and impact on their career
- demonstrate that they have limited or no access to University or external funding for their travel plans/visit and that without the appropriate funding, will not be able to undertake the travel
- provide an estimated breakdown of costs required (i.e. conference registration, flight and/or accommodation costs, etc)
- be undertaking their travel in the year the Scholarship is awarded.
Note: Applicants will seek their own independent advice from the relevant authorities on the effect, if any, that any travel out of Australia may have any visa implications.
This scholarship is valued at $5,000. The scholarship payment will be made as a reimbursement when original receipts are presented and submitted to the University, for example conference registration, flight and/or accommodation bookings.
How to apply
Applications will re-open in August 2019 for 2020.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships and Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services