Petrol voucher - major grants
This grant entitles you to Petrol Vouchers worth up to $500. These grants are funded by the Australian Government’s Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program.
Available to students studying any course at an undergraduate, associate degree or UniLink level.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible you must meet all the following criteria:
- on-campus local student (Australian citizen/permanent resident/permanent humanitarian visa holder/New Zealand citizen);
- enrolled in an undergraduate degree, associate degree or UniLink level course at Swinburne;
- enrolled full time (exceptional circumstances for studying part-time will be considered), and actively studying in the course this Semester/Term/HE Block;
- demonstrate a low socio-economic background (e.g. you or your parents are in receipt of or eligible for Centrelink payments) or regional/remote background or Indigenous;
- experiencing significant financial hardship and struggling to meet basic living costs;
- A holder of a driver’s licence
Please note: You are ineligible to apply if you received a Student Equity grant or scholarship in Semester 1, 2022.
Please note: Many financially disadvantaged students apply and there is no guarantee that you will be successful and so you cannot rely on receiving this grant/scholarship.
Up to $500.
Multiple grants are available.
How to apply
Applications will re-open at the start of Semester 1, 2023.
Equity Project Officer