- One Semester or equivalent
- 60 hours face to face at campus 48 hours Physiotherapy Business WIL throughout semester
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2023 teaching periods
HB8 HE Block 8
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
PrerequisitesAdmission to MA-PHYS Master of Physiotherapy
Aims and objectives
This unit provides students with the opportunity to gain insight into the Physiotherapy profession and the role of the contemporary Physiotherapist within the health care system. Students will explore and develop a range of attributes sought by industry, which centre on: developing an understanding of the professional workplace, effectively participating and contributing to the workplace, interacting with other professionals, being exposed to the career options students can pursue upon graduation, and growing and developing personally. Students will undertake work experience relevant to their physiotherapy studies.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of and critically reflect on the professional conduct, scope of practice and duty of care of a physiotherapist within the workplace
- Demonstrate planning for personal and professional career development through critical reflection on university professional and other relevant experience/s
- Demonstrate appropriate workplace behaviours and employability skills essential to working with individuals or teams as a physiotherapist
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication for different audiences and appropriate to the workplace
- Develop culturally responsive capabilities (respect and self-awareness) so as to understand personal beliefs, assumptions, values, perceptions, attitudes and expectations, and how they impact relationships with groups and individuals including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders peoples