Managing for Maximum Performance
Managing people for maximum performance is a learned skill, and this one-day short course teaches participants how to set standards, manage expectations and hold people to account so they become a great professional.
Did you know that 87% of new managers feel out of their depth** and wish they’d had more training before they started in their new role? Being able to lead and coach people is highly scalable, whether you’re a two-person company or part of a major conglomerate.
In this high performing teams short course you will learn the cost of poor performance followed by the roadmaps, frameworks, feedback models, work allocation tools, recruitment approaches, and more so that you, as a leader, are managing for maximum performance.
You will learn how to have an ear to the ground and start to really coach teams to become highly productive professionals. We also take a look at the recruitment process and how to recruit the right people into your team.
**"Research Shows That Your First-Time Managers Aren't Ready to Lead. Now, What?" by Heather R. Huhman, Entrepreneur.com
Who should attend?
This is a fantastic entry level course for future managers, leaders, and coaches, and we see a wide range of ages and expertise levels attend. Whether you’re new to leading or experienced and seeking to refresh your leadership skills, this course is suitable.
Face-to-face, Live online, workplace
(unless stated, Swinburne Professional courses do not attract GST)
Short Course Outline - Managing for Maximum Performance
Download this course brochure for more information about the short course. This can also be given to your employer to pitch for funding or support of your program.
Swinburne Live Online Short Courses and Qualifications
Our Live Online training is delivered to you live, providing similar interactions as face to face training with the benefits of remote access. The training is delivered through video conferencing and discussion board platforms. Workshops are broken into interactive video sessions, including presentations and distribution of materials and discussion board based activities.
Our Live Online delivery
Our Live Online delivery is a dynamic, engaging and interactive way to learn remotely. It’s just like face to face but with the added benefits of digital technology. Your facilitator will present in real-time, and you will be able to participate in group discussions and collaborate on exercises and group activities using our interactive platforms.
Find out more about what we offer >>
- Course delivery, learning objectives and benefits.
In this high performing teams course, you will receive an end-to-end set of techniques, tools, frameworks, and suggestions to refine your leadership approach and management style, showing you how to coach your team to new heights.
In this one-day short course you will learn the skills to:
- Understand how people think and how to improve employee performance.
- Design performance management frameworks to ensure consistency with the objectives of your organisation.
- Learn how to provide employee feedback and on-the-job coaching to improve and confirm excellence in team performance.
- Reinforce good performance and encourage people to want to do more.
- Cut down on erratic performance and overcome resistance to change.
- Set and measure the right goals for people.
- Have a range of tools, frameworks, and processes to take the guesswork out of your leadership approach and deliver consistency.
- Enjoy reduced stress and more confidence in your people-management skills.
- Be able to demonstrate to your leadership team that you’re leading effectively in your own right.
- Gain effective communication skills.
- Receive a participant course training manual to take with you.
- Participant course training manual
- Access to Customer Development Advisors to discuss further study options - to book an appointment please call 1800 633 560
- Convenient Hawthorn, Melbourne location
- New Live Online delivery allows you to do the course from anywhere in the country
- Live online delivery available in the following states and territories – Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Tasmania.
- Timetables, course brochures and further information.
Quarterly Course Calendar Australia - Current Quarter
Timetables for this and all other short courses for the current quarter.
Quarterly Course Calendar Australia - Next Quarter
Timetables for this and all other short courses for the next quarter.
Short Course Overview - Managing for Max Performance
Download this document as a quick outline of the short course that can be printed and presented to your employer.
Find out more
Make an enquiry
Make an enquiry
Training Organisation Identifier (TOID): 3059