This Conflict Resolution training course teaches you how to unpack what creates conflict in the workplace, gain a strong insight into why people act the way they do, have empathy for difficult and diverse behaviours, grow your emotional intelligence, and be able to work among a range of communication styles.
You will be able to identify and deal effectively with difficult behaviours and situations through positive communication, active listening, and problem-solving skills.
As your understanding of your environment grows, you’ll continue to gain a better insight into why people act the way they do and have strong self-reflection skills so you understand how you personally deal with conflict as well as develop conflict resolution strategies.
Participants in this course attend for a range of reasons. Some have ongoing conflicts at home, work, or both and want to understand how to manage them better. Some find themselves in the middle of professional conflict and their workplace wants them to be able to unpack and resolve it. Some are moving into junior leadership or management positions and want to be prepared.
Who should attend?
Individuals at all skill levels who are seeking to learn how to deal with many forms of conflict in the workplace.
Every international student application is considered for a scholarship
Whether you’re living in Australia or overseas, you’re automatically considered for a scholarship of up to 30% off your course fees. Please check our updated entry requirements.
This course is currently in transition.
The course code, title, units, and content may change. Further information will become available on our website, upon enrolment or during your studies. To discuss your study options, please get in touch with us today.
Short Course Outline - Conflict Resolution
Download this course brochure for more information about the short course. This can also be given to your employer to pitch for funding or support of your program.
“[The best part of the experience was] the relevant examples, small group interactions and the lived experiences of the facilitator.”
Swinburne Live Online Short Courses and Qualifications
Our Live Online training is delivered to you live, providing similar interactions as face to face training with the benefits of remote access. The training is delivered through video conferencing and discussion board platforms. Workshops are broken into interactive video sessions, including presentations and distribution of materials and discussion board based activities.
Our Live Online delivery
Our Live Online delivery is a dynamic, engaging and interactive way to learn remotely. It’s just like face to face but with the added benefits of digital technology. Your facilitator will present in real-time, and you will be able to participate in group discussions and collaborate on exercises and group activities using our interactive platforms.
Find out more about what we offer >>
- Course delivery, learning objectives and benefits.
This Conflict Resolution training course is an interactive one-day program that looks closely at case study scenarios, group work and self-evaluation activities. You will reflect on conflicts in your work environment as well as self-evaluate your response and management of these situations. You will leave with conflict resolutions skills that can be applied directly to your home or workplace and have a greater understanding of behaviour and how it impacts conflict; both your own and that of others.
You will learn the skills to:
- Understand types of conflict in the workplace and how it can manifest.
- Explore the different ways conflict can be expressed; such as aggression, assertion, and passiveness.
- Develop effective conflict resolution strategies as you deal with difficult situations and people.
- Explore the use of assertiveness, active listening, communication, body language, and teamwork to overcome conflict.
- Respond to diversity.
- Leverage grievance and conflict resolution procedures
- Understand what creates conflict in the workplace.
- Gain insight into certain behaviours and know how to mitigate them.
- Grow your emotional intelligence.
- Use a range of different communication styles.
- Learn active listening and problem-solving skills.
- Receive a participant course training manual to take with you.
- Participant course training manual
- Access to Customer Development Advisors to discuss further study options - to book an appointment call 1800 633 560
- Convenient Hawthorn, Melbourne location
- New Live Online delivery allows you to do the course from anywhere in the country
- Live online delivery available in the following states and territories – Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Tasmania.
- Timetables, course brochures and further information.
Quarterly Course Calendar Australia - Current Quarter
Timetables for this and all other short courses for the current quarter.
Quarterly Course Calendar Australia - Next Quarter
Timetables for this and all other short courses for the next quarter.
Short Course Overview - Conflict Resolution
Download this document as a quick outline of the short course that can be printed and presented to your employer.
Find out more
Make an enquiry
Make an enquiry
Training Organisation Identifier (TOID): 3059