Dr Yong-Bin Kang
PhD in Faculty of IT, Monash University, Australia
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Software and Electrical Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
- Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Data science researcher. An intellectually curious and analytical researcher with the ability to systematically conceptualise problems and discover hidden insights from real-life problems by using quantitative and qualitative data analysis techniques. Dr Yong-Bin Kang is a data science researcher with expertise and experiences in the fields of natural language processing (NLP), machine learning (ML), and data mining (DM).
- Over 9 years experience in research and development in data science, especially in the fields of NLP, ML, and DM.
- Significant experience in working, managing and delivering large industrial, multi-disciplinary research projects in data science such as patent analytics, clinical data analytics, scientific-article analytics, social-media data analytics, expert finding and matching, and machine learning algorithms and applications.
- Developed and established collaborative research networks with domestic and international academics and industries. Developed research qualitative and analytical skills with strong capacity to conduct independent and collaborative interdisciplinary research
Natural language process; machine learning; data mining
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Natural Language Processing - 080107
- Pattern Recognition And Data Mining - 080109
- Knowledge Representation And Machine Learning - 170203
natural language processing;machine learning;data mining;text mining
Also published as: Kang, Yong-Bin; Kang, Y.; Kang, Yong Bin
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: Development of Proof-of-Concept AI-based solution for SoA (Statement of Advice) Assessment *; Fourth Line
- 2018: Development of a deep-learning based solution for detecting corrosion in industrial assets using images captured from drones *; Robonomics AI
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display