Professor Xiaodong Huang
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering and Product Design Engineering
- ATC735 Hawthorn campus
Xiaodong Huang is the Professor of Engineering Mechanics and ARC Future Fellow at Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology, Swinburne University of Technology. He obtained his Ph.D. in Applied Mechanics from Swinburne in 2004, after an MEng in Solid Mechanics from Shanghai Jiaotong University. Before he joined Swinburne in 2017, he had worked at RMIT University since 2004. Over his academic career, Dr. Huang has won a number of awards: ARC APD fellowship; Early-Career Research Award by the Australian Academy of Science; RMIT Teaching Award; "1000 Youth Talents" by the Chinese government; and ARC Future Fellowship.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Principal Coordinating Supervisor students as Masters & Doctoral Supervision.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Structural Engineering - 090506
- Numerical Modelling And Mechanical Characterisation - 091307
- Solid Mechanics - 091308
Also published as: Huang, Xiaodong; Huang, X.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2018: 2018 visiting fellowship scheme -Prof. Tongxi Yu *; Swinburne Research, DVCR&D - Internal contributions
- 2018: 3D printing of automotive spare parts and high value accessories *; Excellerate Australia
- 2018: Topological Optimisation for Metallic Additive Manufacturing *; DMTC
- 2013: Topology Optimisation for Three-dimensional Periodic Nanophotonic Structures *; ARC Future Fellowships
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display