Dr Wendy Goff
Doctor of Philosophy, Charles Sturt University, Australia; Master of Education, Edith Cowan University, Australia; Bachelor of Education, University of Canberra, Australia
- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- School of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Department of Education
- AS327 Hawthorn campus
Wendy is a lecturer in the Department of Education as well as the Academic Director International Partnerships (Education). She has worked in Higher Education for approximately ten years. Prior to moving to Swinburne University, Wendy taught at Monash where she received the VC nomination and Deans Award for teaching excellence. Wendy’s research is primarily focused on educational partnerships and adult relationships, and she uses different vehicles to study these ideas. Her doctoral research examined how adults come together to support the mathematics learning of children. This work, as well as her critical review of research in Mathematics Education in Australasia (2012 - 2015) has been recognised by the Victorian Department of Education as part of the evidence base for numeracy practice in Australia. She has presented and published her research in both national and international contexts.
Wendys educational experience spans over a variety of educational sectors and Early Years settings. Her qualifications include BEd (0-12), MEd, GDPSY, GCISM, GCULT, PhD. Wendy is eager to work with students who hope to pursue post-graduate studies in mathematics education; educational partnerships; VR simulation; or EC/Primary education. She is also open to discuss other areas of interest.
Social Psychology; Early Childhood Education; Primary Education; Mathematics Education; Design-based Research; Educational Partnerships/Relationships
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Co-Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Early Childhood Education (excl. Maori) - 130102
- Primary Education (excl. Maori) - 130105
- Mathematics And Numeracy Curriculum And Pedagogy - 130208
mathematics education;inclusion;equity and diversity
- 2013, Other, Vice Chancellor Nomination for Teaching Excellence, Monash University
- 2013, Other, Lecturer of the Year - Student Union, Monash University
- 2013, Other, Deans Award for Teaching Excellence, Monash University
- 2012, Other, Golden Apple Award - Student Union, Monash University
- 2011, Other, Golden Apple Award - Student Union, Monash University
Also published as: Goff, Wendy; Goff, W.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: Working Together to Strengthen Mathematics/ICT Learning in Our Community *; Hawthorn Early Years Incorporated
* Chief Investigator
- 2015-01-30: Transition to School - 2ser107.3 radio