Professor Simone Taffe
- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- School of Design
- Centre for Design Innovation
- Department of Communication Design and Digital Media Design
- AMDC711 Hawthorn campus
Simone Taffe is Professor in Communication Design and School Research Director at Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia. When joining Swinburne as an academic Simone formed a research focus that builds on 15 years of practical experience in the design industry, where she led high public profile branding projects. Simone’s industry experience made her appreciate the importance of end-user views for the acceptability of design projects. Simone’s research addresses participatory design in communication design. Her research has involved external funding and real-world projects that have gained national and international recognition in the field of Communication Design through real-world design applications available on the World Wide Web. Simone has won several Australia-wide teaching awards for the innovative use of problem-based learning in the classroom. Simone is a member of Swinburne’s Centre for Transformative Media Technologies, a theme leader for Urban Decision Making in the Smart Cities Research Institute and a leader of the Grant Writing program for Swinburne Women’s Academic Network (SWAN).
codesign; branding; participatory design; inclusive design; identity design
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Interaction And Experience Design - 330310
- Visual Communication Design (incl. Graphic Design) - 330316
- Design Management - 330305
- Design Practice And Methods - 330306
branding;codesign;participatory design;inclusive design;identity design
Also published as: Taffe, Simone; Taffe, S.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: Workshops to co-create feedback tools for clients *; SoundFair Fund Scheme
- 2018: Co-design research into a dining cinema experience for millennials *; VILLAGE CINEMAS
- 2017: Investigating the influence on co-design on the role of designer (Fan Art) *; VILLAGE CINEMAS
- 2017: Visualising Community Experiences: Boroondara Customer Journey Mapping Co-design Research Project *; Boroondara City Council
- 2016: Designing the future of the cinema with end-user research *; VILLAGE CINEMAS
- 2015: Audience research and concept development of Nom Nom phone game *; VILLAGE CINEMAS
- 2010: Melbourne fire brigade kids' zone information project *; Metropolitan Fire and Emergency Services Board
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display