Professor Simon Moulton
PhD, University of Wollongong, Australia; Bachelor of Science (Honours), University of Wollongong, Australia; Bachelor of Technology: Environmental Geochemistry, Macquarie University, Australia
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Software and Electrical Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications, Electrical, Robotics and Biomedical Engineering
- ATC812 Hawthorn campus
Prof Moulton obtained his PhD from the University of Wollongong (UoW) in December 2002. He then worked (Dec 2002 – Dec 2014) in numerous research positions within the Intelligent Polymer Research Institute (IPRI) and the ARC Centre of Excellence for Electromaterials where he progressed from junior postdoctoral Fellow to Associate Professor. In December 2014 he was recruited by Swinburne University of Technology (SUT) Melbourne to a strategic appointment of Professor of Biomedical Electromaterials Science. He also holds an Honorary Professor position within the ARC Centre of Excellence for Electromaterials Science (ACES) and Australian Institute of Innovative Materials (AIIM) at UoW. He is also a CI in the ARC Centre of Excellence for Electromaterials Science (ACES) where he contributes to work undertaken within the Synthetic Biosystems and Electrofluidics and Diagnostics programs.
Graphene; Materials Science; Bioreactors and Tissue Engineering; Biointerface Engineering
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Biomedical Engineering - 090300
- Functional Materials - 091205
- Electrochemistry - 030604
Nanostructured Materials;Biomedical science;Materials Science;Nanostructured Materials
- 2017, National, Vice Chancellor's Interdisciplinary Research Excellence Award, University of Wollongong
- 2009, National, Vice Chancellor Award for Excellence: Emerging Researcher of the Year, University of Wollongong
- 2009, National, ARC Queen Elizabeth II Fellowship, University of Wollongong
- 2008, National, Australian Academy of Science European Travel Scholarship, Australian Academy of Science
- 2007, National, Australian Academy of Science European Travel Scholarship, Australian Academy of Science
- 2003, International, International Fellowship Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
Also published as: Moulton, Simon; Moulton, S.; Moulton, S. E.; Moulton, Simon E.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2019: Implantable drug-eluting device: localised drug delivery for non-resectable pancreatic cancer *; Priority-driven Collaborative Cancer Research Schem
- 2019: Investigation of the interplay between blood cells and the endothelium in microfluidic devices *; Australian Mathematical Sciences Institute Intern Program
- 2018: BioPen:Development of the First In-Situ Bioprinting Treatment for Cartilage Injuries *; MTPConnect BioMedTech Horizons
- 2018: Develop Injectablemicroparticles capable of targeting specific vascular blockages then provide therapeutic stabilisation or eradication through triggered release of encapsulated therapeutics. *; Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute
- 2018: Targeting cervicovaginal inflammation to prevent HIV transmission *; Burnet Institute
- 2018: Tough hydrogel materials as drug delivery vehicles for prevention and treatment of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections *; Australian Centre for HIV and Hepatitis Virology Research (ACH2)
- 2018: Ultra-low fouling active surfaces *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2017: Textured Nanostructured based devices for energy and sensing applications *; Swinburne and FAPESP Priority Partnership Fund
- 2016: ARC Centre of Excellence for Electromagnetic Science (ACES) *; ARC Centre of Excellence Scheme
- 2016: Project Geldom Phase II *; Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- 2010: Field-emission gun transmission electron microscope for the research in nanomaterials, metal alloys and biological sciences *; ARC Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment Scheme
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display