Associate Professor Stephen McKeever
Doctor of Philosophy, The University of Melbourne, Australia; Bachelor of Science (Honours) Professional Nursing Practice, London South Bank University, United Kingdom
Dr. McKeever’s clinical experience has focused on caring for critically ill children and their families. This experience has been gained across the United Kingdom, New Zealand, and Australia.
In August 2012, Stephen graduated with a PhD from The University of Melbourne. His doctoral thesis examined electroencephalograph changes occurring in children during anaesthesia. Since this time Stephen has supervised doctoral, and master’s, students in various aspects of children’s pain management and family interactions.
Since January 2020 Stephen has been Journal of Child Health Care's Editor in Chief. This journal is an international, interdisciplinary and peer reviewed journal. It focuses on issues related to health and healthcare of neonates, children, young people, and their families.
Biostatistics; Research and Evidence based practice; Neonatal, Paediatric and Adult Intensive Care; Student attrition; Siblings; Bispectral index; Electroencephalogram; Quantitative methods
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Infant And Child Health - 321302
- Acute Care - 420501
- Implementation Science And Evaluation - 420312
Nursing;Neonatal, Paediatric and Adult Intensive Care;Research and Evidence based practice;Quantitative methods
- 2020 (current): Editor, Journal of Child Health Care , United Kingdom
- 2016 (current): Chair, Paediatric Advisory Panel, Australian College of Critical Care Nurses, Australia
- 2023 (current): Committee Member, Global Health Advisory Panel, Australian College of Critical Care Nurses, Australia
- 2016 (current): Honorary Member, Division of Psychiatry, University College London, United Kingdom
- 2014 (current): Honorary Member, Nursing Education and Research Department, The Royal Children's Hospital, Australia
- 2016 (current): Fellow, Advance HE, United Kingdom
Also published as: McKeever, Stephen; McKeever, S.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
There are no grants to display.
There are no media items to display