Professor Santina Bertone
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Department of Management and Marketing
- BA1115 Hawthorn campus
Santina has been researching in the area of immigration and work since the 1990s. She led the Workplace Studies Centre for over a decade, winning grants and publishing on immigrant women, industrial restructuring, immigrants and trade unions and managing diversity (currently 107 publications and 50 research grants). Santina was also a longstanding member of the Ethnic Communities Council of Victoria, and has had other community and board roles. She was awarded the Centenary of Federation Medal in 2008, and participated in the Australia 2020 Summit. Santina held various leadership positions at Victoria University before joining Swinburne University of Technology as Associate Dean (Research)in 2010.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Coordinating Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Business And Management - 150300
- Policy And Administration - 160500
- 2003, National, Prime Minister's Centenary of Federation Medal, Australian Government
- 2000, Other, Vice-Chancellor's Certificate of Research Achievement , Victoria University
Also published as: Bertone, Santina; Bertone, S.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2011: Developing a toolkit and framework to support new postgraduate research supervisors in emerging research areas *; Australian Learning and Teaching Council
* Chief Investigator
- Discrimination and racism in rhe workplace - SBS radio World View
- Diverse Challenges - Business Review Weekly
- Diversity Management, Equal Employment Opportunity and the Compartmentalisation of Identity - Immigrant Women's Speakout Association of NSW
- Educating Rani? Migrants, workplace cfhange and lifeling learning - Austrlian Mosaic
- Impact fo the Two Year Social Security Waiting Period - Victorian Council of Social Services magazine
- Migrants in local government - SBS radio
- Overqualified and Undervalued: Barriers to Skilled Migrant workers in Australia - SBS radio
- Refugee Access to Tertiary Education and Training report - Pulse Radio Geelong
- The economics of cultural diversity - Campus Review
- Visa Pioneer pleads for 457s - Australian Financia Review
- Workplace Change a Job for the Boys - The Age