Dr Rosalie Hocking
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Science
- Centre for Translational Atomaterials
- Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology
- Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Rosalie Hocking is a chemist who leads a program studying small molecule transformations at Swinburne University of Technology. She is particularly fascinated with the chemical reactions of carbon dioxide, nitrogen and water as they key for the development of a carbon neutral economy. Her works uses a variety of analytical and chemical methodologies including the Australian synchrotron where her group are regular users of the XAS beamline. Rosalie completed her PhD in physical and inorganic chemistry from the University Sydney in 2004. She has since held positions Stanford University/Stanford Synchrotron Radiation Laboratory, CSIRO Land and Water, Monash University and James Cook University. She has recently joined Swinburne University of Technology as a Vice Chancellor’s Women in STEM fellow & senior lecturer.
Analytical Chemistry; Materials Science; Photocatalysis
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Chemical Characterisation Of Materials - 030301
- Catalysis And Mechanisms Of Reactions - 030601
- Structural Chemistry And Spectroscopy - 030606
Analytical Chemistry;Materials Science;Photocatalysis
Also published as: Hocking, Rosalie; Hocking, R.; Hocking, R. K.; Hocking, Rosalie K.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: Bioinspired tuneable catalysts for renewable ammonia production *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2020: Image Processing for Identification of the Copper Content in Ore *; Ozminerals
- 2020: Small/wide angle X-ray scattering - Swinburne preferred access - SAXS *; Australian Nuclear Science & Technology Organisation
- 2020: Smart Coatings for the Next Generation of Lightning Strike Protection Devices *; Innovative Manufacturing CRC
- 2019: ARC Training Centre in Surface Engineering for Advanced Materials *; ARC Industrial Transformation Training Centres
- 2019: Development of Cost-effective and Sustainable Technology for PFAS Remediation *; Ixom Pty Ltd_PT
- 2019: Development of photo-catalyst coating using thermal spray methods: Pilotstudy *; Lightning Protection International Pty Ltd
- 2019: PFAS Remediation using MIEX Technique *; Ixom Pty Ltd_PT
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display